• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair comment. Thinking from a Saffer perspective. Suppose that is where the Faheem over maybe Imam/Fakhar/Masood may have been an option.
Yeah and that's what made a difference for Pakistan in England earlier this year but as I said earlier, with the way they collapsed against New Zealand in UAE, they're not confident now to go with 5 batsmen and 5 bowlers. Of course we here could make a case that Imam is useless and Faheem would have contributed more but that's not how the team management feels. They rate Imam, Fakhar and Shan and expect runs from them.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After the completion of the ongoing series I hope to never see Gunathilaka, Imam and Rohit in tests ever again

cnerd123

likes this
If Bavuma stays unbeaten today I hope the headlines tomorrow read "Tiny Temba's terrific tenacity takes the Proteas to time."

trundler

What do we think of Amir? Think he's not been underwhelming today as he was in England.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He was not underwhelming in England. Probably bowled his best Test spell in the 2nd innings of the Lords Test. This is Amir 2.0 at his best - controlled, disciplined, occasionally threatening.

cnerd123

likes this
What do we think of Amir? Think he's not been underwhelming today as he was in England.
Has bowled well IMO

Still one of the best seamers in the world, just so happens we're in a great era for fast bowling in general and he has been a bit luckless and off the boil.

But today's he's been really good

trundler

He was not underwhelming in England. Probably bowled his best Test spell in the 2nd innings of the Lords Test. This is Amir 2.0 at his best - controlled, disciplined, occasionally threatening.
One awesome spell. Not been threatening enough. That's the problem. Superb today.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is his ceiling. I've watched him for the entire period since his comeback. He is not Rabada or Steyn. Occasionally threatening is Amir at his best, but he does give his captain control and ability to sustain pressure which is why he bowled so well with Abbas in Tests and Junaid in ODIs.

Borges

International Regular
Much better than the overhyped Test match featuring two overhyped teams at an overhyped ground in Melbourne
This match is certainly more exciting, but by and large, this is also a display of sub-standard test match batting; by both teams.
The bowling has been quite good; however, that alone does not make for a great test match.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
As soon as he pegs his length back, he gets the edge. Hasan and Shaheen need to pick that up and hit that length over after over

trundler

This is his ceiling. I've watched him for the entire period since his comeback. He is not Rabada or Steyn. Occasionally threatening is Amir at his best, but he does give his captain control and ability to sustain pressure which is why he bowled so well with Abbas in Tests and Junaid in ODIs.
Still sad. Was prophecied to be the next Akram.

Last edited: