• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Tennis

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Moliks win over dementiava (sp?) was great... she is a chance i think alot of the big women are out and henin-hardene is playing her 1st tourny since may...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Molik herself has been in pretty good form, won a tournament not long ago (From Memory)...i too think she is a huge chance for a medal.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dementieva won silver in sydeny too, good win that, lets hope the mens runner up from 2000 doesnt losr to roddick tonight :D

Federer got through eventually last night, i think hes gonna get knocked off by Robredo when they meet....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Federer is is huge trouble...Robredo just come out from stopping a tear away train in the first round...

Who got silver in sydney? :S

Simon

thewizard1o1 said:
Federer is is huge trouble...Robredo just come out from stopping a tear away train in the first round...

Who got silver in sydney? :S
umm in the mens, tommy haas..... lost to kafelnikov in the final after beating federer in the semi...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
umm in the mens, tommy haas..... lost to kafelnikov in the final after beating federer in the semi...
Yeah but Kafelnikov was a druggie anyway!

Cloete

International Captain
Haha I think he'd fly away in his jet if he was going to be locked up. He probably has super human strength after all his performance enhancers anyway.

Simon

Cloete said:
Yeah but Kafelnikov was a druggie anyway!
no he wasnt, you are probably thinking of Petr Korda who won the Australian open a few years ago then got busted for drugs, Kafelnikov just mouthed off about the Australian Grass courts, calling them "potato fields" and complained women shouldnt get equal prize money as men....

Simon

Korda was the thinest person ive ever seen, it wasnt a real surprise though when he was caught....

Simon

yeh i agree 100%, players like the williams sisters breeze through the first 4 rounds of a slam dropping 10 games and are on court for around 3 and a half hours, while theres a good chance the top men get knocked out in the first or second round in a 5 hour marathon....
the amount of time on court time female players spend doesnt warrant the prize money....

Simon

in results, Marat Safin knocked out today, as was Juan Carlos Ferrero. Youhzny through, Grosjaen through over wayne arthurs and other losers included Joachim Johansson and Dominik Hrbaty.
Still with 2nd round matches to be played in the night session in the next few hours...