• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic football thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the middle of a half of football? Wtf?
Yep, they just decided that they needed another 6 in a row there. During that time Messi just sliced through about 5 players and almost set up Aguero. I love how commercial stations treat football here.

Johnners

Indeed, Quality finish from the big man. Credit to Troisi for setting him up though, was a great bit of play. We did well to go into half-time 0-0.

Craig

World Traveller
Yep, they just decided that they needed another 6 in a row there. During that time Messi just sliced through about 5 players and almost set up Aguero. I love how commercial stations treat football here.
Should be banned from showing it IMO. I mean those who do give a stuff about football know the "mainstream media" only care about it when it was time to jump on the bandwagon, IE Australia at the 2006 World Cup.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not often one can unambiguously support an Aussie national team, but this is one of those. 0-0 would be a great result.

duffer

Should be banned from showing it IMO. I mean those who do give a stuff about football know the "mainstream media" only care about it when it was time to jump on the bandwagon, IE Australia at the 2006 World Cup.
Absolutely but 7 is comfortably the worst. At least 9 gave the World Cup decent coverage when they had the rights to it and 10 report the game pretty well on their news and Sports Tonight.

Seven however is just plain dire, having officials admit that the only reason they bought the NSL rights was so that they could give it minimal coverage to protect their AFL rights.

Johnners

Will be stoked if we can somehow keep this team scoreless. Probs should have scored at least once also if not for some kwality archie finishing. Have nfi why Niki Rukavysta was selected either.

Johnners

Haha, niiiiiiiiiice. About ready to smash Mike McCann in the face next time he pronounces Riquelme "Rickel me" or Mascherno "Mask erano"

duffer

Hahaha, calling Gago Gaga and Aguero as Aguera. Quality stuff here.

ANd as I type this Ruka the donkey misses another golden opportunity.

Johnners

Deadset, Arnold is such a poor manager. How Kilkenny has managed to stay out there is beyond me, and there's no way that Niki Rukaetc. is a better option than even say Michael Zullo.

duffer

Ruka is a deadset donkey, all workrate no guile or composure. I remember watching the A-League with mates and laughing at the bloke trying to dribble.

How Burns and Djite are not in this squad is beyond me.

Johnners

Ruka is a deadset donkey, all workrate no guile or composure. I remember watching the A-League with mates and laughing at the bloke trying to dribble.

How Burns and Djite are not in this squad is beyond me.
Has the first touch of a deadfish. I'd say the reason Burns & Djite aren't in the squad due to only recently changing clubs, much the same reason as Kewell not being here (was originally going to come).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Has the first touch of a deadfish. I'd say the reason Burns & Djite aren't in the squad due to only recently changing clubs, much the same reason as Kewell not being here (was originally going to come).
Still doesn't explain how he got in ahead of David Williams or Dario Vidic. Worst selection ever. Some good defence overall to keep it to 1-0, but that has to be one worst strike force at any level for Australia.

Johnners

Yeah, was just using Zullo as an example because he still wasn't anything like our best option.

duffer

I can understand the defensive mentality of Arnie in this match considering the gap between the teams but when we're 1-0 down, not bothering to press and allowing the Argies to string together an easy 40-50 passes in a row at the back. Then bringing on a hack defender like McClenehan when we needed another attacker on. Wow, just wow.

So it's pray the Ivory Coast and Serbia draw and hope that we can beat the Africans next round? Shame, I was looking forward to this tournament for a while.