• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka 2017

Niall

International Coach
Little for Sri Lanka to celebrate really, Zimbabwe are a mediocre team who most certainly have not become a passable cricket team overnight. Highly concerned for Sri Lanka, if this is their level, then cricket has another West Indies which is something the sport does not need whatsoever.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brilliant victory well done the team!

I felt Zimbabwe lacked bowling options
Apart from Creamer there wasn't another bowler who can be troublesome for the batsmen.

Btw it was Cremers first fifer.

Regarding the third umpire decision that was touch and go,there was something behind the crease
Should've gone to specsavers.

OverratedSanity

Little for Sri Lanka to celebrate really, Zimbabwe are a mediocre team who most certainly have not become a passable cricket team overnight. Highly concerned for Sri Lanka, if this is their level, then cricket has another West Indies which is something the sport does not need whatsoever.
Yeah I'm concerned about them tbh. Zimbabwe did play well but they basically have one bowler in their lineup and SL still struggled to beat them. Since that Australia whitewash (which looks even more hilarious now), they've been absolutely awful.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah they will be alright their biggest problem is Matthews and Chandimal have not picked up the mantle from Mahela & Sanga but then these were massive shoes to fill and even if the duo can average mid 40's they will have a fruitful career however I like their upcoming crop Mendis, Dick, Gunarate, Dhanjaya,Gunathilika and Perrera are all players with good-great potential and one they have more experience them along with Matthews and Chandfmal is a good strong batting line up with depth in bench.

The main problem is the bowling however over there they did not help themselves when they did not select their 2 best options in Chameera and Sandakkan and went for safe but mediocre selections like Lakmal and Dilruwan.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It just feels like too much pressure nowadays on players who are rebuilding. Same problem as many other fields. Too much commentary.

Shri

Mr. Glass
They will be okay. Not like there are a lot of other sports they are good at as a country, much like India. They will begin their climb back up when competent people run the board once again.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Watched the replay of that Not Out decision. From back angle it looked out and from front angle it could go either way. Umpire probably giving benefit of doubt to the batsman? Nevertheless Zimbabwe will take a lot from this tour. Plenty of positives to work with. Their bowling needs a boost up esp pace battery. Its great that Zimbos have Heath Streak. World class coach. As for SL I dont think they will be too happy but atleast they managed to cop out from a tough situation. So something to take.

TheJediBrah

Hopefully the quality of this match will convince ICC to appoint next match a 3rd umpire who knows the basic rules of cricket

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't always go by the names on the sheet though. The performance in this match from Zimbabwe has been excellent. Ervine on Day 1, Raza on Day 4. These are excellent performances, irrespective of their career stats and names.

Burgey

They will be okay. Not like there are a lot of other sports they are good at as a country, much like India. They will begin their climb back up when competent people run the board once again.
Biggest backhanded compliment I've read in years

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Guarante won MOTM but Herath MOTS....how does that work?
I've tried to decipher this decision a little too much and I just can't think of a logical answer. It's like Gunaratne won player of day 5, Heath was the player of the game.