• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in South Africa Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
24 off a Boje over there, 2 byes and 3 6s and a 4 from Blignaut. Kallis must be jumping for joy that Langeveldt went off with an injury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mpofu. Does anyone know how to pronouce that? Is the 'm' silent?

Sounds like an interesting name.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That's it, South Africa by an innings and 21 runs. Winning when you only lose three wickets within two days is always a huge thrashing, but at least Zimbabwe managed a respectable score in the second innings.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buddhmaster said:
That has got to be one of the worst matches ever played.
yeah. bodyline, then this impending series, probably, in rank of horrors.
while reading the scorecard and bulletin for the 'test,' i felt sick. previously ive been willing to allow minnows the chance to get experience and all that but if theyre going to play like that... its pointless. at least they actually managed to post a semi-respectable score on the second day.

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Buddhmaster said:
That has got to be one of the worst matches ever played.
Totally agree, wot is the point in tests like these......it will in fact lead to Kenya among others pushing for ICC full member staus if Zimbabwe can have it. Awful, and this is with sum gud players in the team. South Africa culd put out there under 15's and still win against zimababwe. At least South Africa improved there bowling averages, and showed what a laugh zimbabwe really is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Sorry rich, you don't need to take the p*ss.
I wasn't, I was pointing-out, especially to marc, that most people agree that these mean precisely nothing as far a Test-cricket is concerned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Why is it?

At least that bowler poses a threat.
He poses the threat that he might take a wicket - and it's infinately more likely that he won't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I wonder if Smith is regretting enforcing the follow-on so quickly now. It's starting to look like Zimbabwe might make them bat again now.
Enforcing the follow-on?
Declaring, d'you mean?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
To be fair, he bowled well against England too. He didn't get the results, but he continued to plug away and did get some good ones down.
He bowled a bit better than his figures might suggest but you don't get wickets at 70 without bowling very poorly.
He was especially woeful when Trescothick was hammering it all over everywhere - having ironically finally got some wickets just earlier.
Certainly I think if he'd bowled like on the first day he'd have caused a few more problems than he ended-up doing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I thought that too; the impression I've garned is of Kallis as a selfish player, right or wrong as that impression may be. To be fair tho today he played like anything but. Fastest 50 (in balls faced) of all-time no less!
Because of course that's a record no-one would want, isn't it?
Albeit it'll never count for anything as far as I'm concerned.
Kallis is as selfish as Boycott - he knows that basic fact that him scoring runs is better for his side than him not scoring runs.