• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe vs Cricket Web XI
1st ODI
at the CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Commentary

It was not a dominant showing by the CW XI to seal victory in the first one-day international against Zimbabwe, but rather an adequate one. Still, there were spectacular individual performances that managed to light the game up and provide sufficient entertainment for a moderate-sized crowd.

Daniel Towns set the pace, so to speak, with a careful hundred at the top of the order. It was his first such milestone and celebrated with great enthusiasm, despite the lack of flair in compiling it off 125 balls. Towns' was the central performance of the innings, and though Camps and DeSilva got starts with 26 and 31 respectively, it was a largely disappointing showing.

That, at least until Crampton's late fireworks. The wicketkeeper-batsman continued to impress at the start of his ODI career. He smashed 3 sixes in a quickfire 34 not out, elevating the score to a respectable, if slightly disappointing, 259-8.

It was always going to be too much for Zimbabwe to chase, however, even though the CW opening bowlers could not separate the partnership of Duffin and Sibanda. All of the Zimbabwe top order got starts, but only Chibhabha carried on to a half-century, falling eventually for 59. And the rest of the batting order crumbled around him and then after him.

Camps showed the benefits of bowling full and straight, cashing in on the weak opposition with 5 wickets. Zimbabwe lost their final 8 wickets for 50 runs and tasted defeat by 80 runs.

Cricket Web XI 259-8 (50 overs)
DP Towns 100, A Crampton 34*, MW DeSilva 31; GB Brent 3-50, P Utseya 2-50
Zimbabwe 179 all out (45 overs)
CJ Chibhabha 59, BRM Taylor 31, V Sibanda 29; LA Camps 5-25, SE Fuller 2-41

Cricket Web XI won by 80 runs.
Man of the Match: DP Towns

How OUT:

Cricket Web XI
DP Towns - lofted to long-off; comfortable catch
LA Camps - clipped uppishly to square leg; easy low catch
BJ Goff - loose flash outside offstump; caught behind
CR Butler - mis-hit sweep, top edge; caught slip
MW DeSilva - lofted high to long-off; good running catch
SE Fuller - played across the line; trapped plumb
A Crampton - not out
TC Halsey - smacked to cover, mix up; run out
XPA Rose - slogged to deep midwicket; caught superbly, running around
DJ Watt - not out

Zimbabwe
T Duffin - pushed forward tentatively; bowled off inside edge
V Sibanda - played back; inside edge onto stumps
CJ Chibhabha - missed attempt to slog full toss; lbw, ball slipping down leg'
BRM Taylor - missed attempted sweep; lbw, ball missing off'
H Masakadza - driven to bowler, returned to striker's end; run out
HP Rinke - flashing cut, edged; caught 3rd slip
E Chigumbura - loose drive, edged; caught 2nd slip
GB Brent - missed slower ball; plumb lbw
P Utseya - not out
T Mupariwa - bowled through gate, off' and middle
EC Rainsford - half-pull, lobbed to mid-on; simple catch

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Disappointing showing by the VC of just 6 caps. (tsk tsk)

Towns/Camps - minnow bashers :D

Good win, as expected, though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to get the series off to a winning start. Disapointed with my own performance. Congratulations to Towns on his maiden ODI century.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Well pleased with that. :) Maiden ODI century and I think my first this season to boot, not to mention my first MOTM in an ODI. Poor opposition, but firsts are firsts, regardless of who they're against.

A solid win, as one should expect against Zimbabwe (with all due respect). Good batting by Crampton and quality bowling from Camps. Wright and Rose economical on return, if not penetrative.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Towns for your madien hundred, regardless of the opposition you can only play the bowlers infront of you.

Not as dominant performance as i think we are capable but some positive signs. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort, but not spectacular aside from Towns and Camps.

Another failute with the bat for me, but at least I got a couple of wickets.