• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in CWLand

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
Nice to know I'm outside the top 26 one-day players in the country.
You must have missed something during the thread, the players in the first post are not the top 26 OD players, just the 26 players who have stated they are happy to play Zimbabwe.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If food poisening is rife, a flu epidemic hits and half the team are banned due to use of illegal cricket bats then I am happy to declare myself unfazed by Zim politics and willing to fill the void.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Schedule - Subject to confirmation

Thursday 26th October
1st ODI at the CWBCC Stadium

Saturday 28th October
2nd ODI at the CW Oval

Sunday 29th October
3rd ODI at the CW Oval

Tuesday 31st October
4th ODI at the Pickford Reserve

Thursday 2nd November
5th ODI at the Fardin Qayyumi Stadium

This schedule has been edited into the opening post.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Will the powers that be rotate the XI so fringe players who've had 1 or 2 ODI's get more games? Seems like a good opportunity to...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
New CW XI coach appointed

On the eve of the series with Zimbabwe, the CWBCC have finally appointed someone to fill the eternal coaching vacancy. Tharmi Loganathan, a former Red stalwart who retired early from first class cricket in order to concentrate on his coaching degrees, was announced at a press conference today.

Loganathan, who has been the leading wicket-taker in grade cricket this season with 192 scalps, is the first coach to be educated in CWLand, with a degree from the University of Nixonstown. Hopefully, he is available to bring something more into the role.

Mr Mxyzptlk

NZTailender said:
Will the powers that be rotate the XI so fringe players who've had 1 or 2 ODI's get more games? Seems like a good opportunity to...
There will be a measure of rotation, yes.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI pose squad of 13 for first 2 ODIs

Brendon Goff has been retained as captian for the series against Zimbabwe. A 13-man squad has been named for the first two ODIs of the 5-game series. Xavier Rose and David Kearsley have been recalled to the team, but more notable is the return of Kyle Wright. The Colts captain and leading fast bowler will play ODI cricket for the first time since 2012 (Season 9), against England.

The only uncapped player in the squad is Colts batsman Arunava Das.

Cricket Web XI ODI squad:

BJ Goff (c)
SE Fuller (vc)
DP Towns
CR Butler
DA Kearsley
MW DeSilva
AS Das (uncapped)
LA Camps
A Crampton (wk)
DJ Watt
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KS Wright

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Utseya leads Zimbabwe into CWLand

Expectedly, Prosper Utseya has been as captain of Zimbabwe, as they prepare to contest 5 ODIs against the Cricket Web XI.

The squad:

P Utseya (c)
BRM Taylor (wk)
GB Brent
CJ Chibhabha
E Chigumbura
AJ Ireland
T Kamungozi
H Masakadza
S Matsikenyeri
TV Mufambisi
T Mupariwa
EC Rainsford
HP Rinke
GM Strydom
T Duffin
V Sibanda

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Stunned to be VC. Would have expected it to go to Watt perhaps. Certainly a massive honour though.

Congratulations to Das on his selection, I'm sure he'll do well. Almost half the squad are Blues too. :p