• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
LA ICE-E said:
actually the reward is a trophy:laugh: but any ways its a rivalry between the minnow test teams...there's only what 2 or 3 real rivalry in cricket? - England & Australia ....India & Pakistan....i cant really think of any other that you can really call rivalry except Bangladesh and Zimbabwe...so reward of winning besides the trophy is bragging rights between the 2 test minnows
You appear to be missing the point.

Jungle Jumbo

Mohammad Ashraful has been recalled to the side after his 263 for Dhaka last week.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdeshvzim/content/current/story/269932.html
http://www.cricbd.com/news/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1195

Ashraful was right to be excluded in the initial squad, the selectors got their response and it's the right move to bring him back in. There's no point in building a team he should be in without him.

Zimbabwe kicked off the tour with a 26-run victory over a BCB XI. Matsikenyeri, Nkala, Taylor and Masakadza all made contributions to take the tourists to 221-8 in their 50 overs. Tapash Baisya and Mosharraf Hossain both took three wickets. No-one really made enough for the BCB XI, who folded for just 195. National captain Habibul Bashar made just 17, while Gary Brent took three for 32 for Zimbabwe.

http://www.cricbd.com/news/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1197

BKSP, Khulna: Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh Cricket Board XI by 26 runs
Zimbabwe 221-8 (50)
Matsikenyeri 49, Nkala 37, Taylor 30, Masakadza 27*; Mosharraf Hossain 3-34, Tapash Baisya 3-50
Bangladesh Cricket Board XI 195 (47.2)
Marshall Ayub 35, Nadif Chowdhury 42, Mushfiqur Rahim 26, Tapash Baisya 28*; Brent 3-32, Dabengwa 2-24

Twenty20 on Tuesday.

Dravid

International Captain
Bangladesh all for 159 with a top score of 36 from 26 balls. Should be an interesting chase.

Jungle Jumbo

Zimbabwe crashed to a 43-run defeat. As expected, spin dominated, with Utseya taking 3-25 and Razzak 3-17. Solid performance from Bangladesh - 166 is probably a fairly big score on that sort of surface.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
166 runs is a pretty good score for a Twenty20 game to be honest. Excellent to see Mashrafe Mortaza continue to develop as a potential all rounder while Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed and Saqibul Hasan continue to impress me. Propsper Utseya finally gets some wickets but other than 30's to Masakadza and Williams there wasn't a whole lot to be smiling about for Zimbabwe.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
the thing i noticed was that there were no crowd from the pictures...since i didnt see the game im not sure..were there any crowds?...because from my no ledge there shouldn't be since there's strike going on there where no cars are allowed....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It will be quite ironic if Zim- Ban produces the most intense and even cricket of anything going on right now (Ashes, Ind vs SA, Pak vs. SA).

Perm

I'm really happy to see Shahriar Nafees continue to show the great promise that he has in international cricket, truly a batsman for the future of Bangladesh cricket. I'm continually impressed with Saqibul Hasan and the lack of extra's was very good for Bangladesh.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
It will be quite ironic if Zim- Ban produces the most intense and even cricket of anything going on right now (Ashes, Ind vs SA, Pak vs. SA).
No danger of that. Nafees makes a 130-odd-ball century as Bangladesh chase 185 with nine wickets and five overs to spare. :yawn: sums it up nicely.

Perm

Nafees gets another good century, he's a great up and coming player for Bangladesh. Aftab Ahmed also batted well alongisde him which was good to see.

Nishant

International 12th Man
good century for Nafees! But, TBH, i cant be botherd to watch his series! I'll just follow the results! Is that fair?

Perm

Ofcourse that's fair, you don't have to be extremely interested in the cricket being played to look out for the results.

Jungle Jumbo

Interesting to here that Enamul Haque snr will be making his ODI debut as umpire tomorrow. Bit ironic that he has played in the same side as a couple of the current Bangladesh side though.