• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When can we get a good captain and coach who has some put some dynamism into the team? Cummins is an improvement on Paine, but that's saying little, and McDonald is a complete nonentity, whose main benefit is he's cheap. It's like they all start daydreaming when wickets aren't clattering.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins - good cultural leader, but he's about as mentally tough as Paine was.
Surprised he was swayed so easily to review that one unless he uses Smith as his eyes on reviews given he can't always be as close. Though seeing he was bowling it makes it more bizarre as it never looked out.

morgieb

Aussies showing mental weaknesse. Get the boys together Pat and get Davy to work on the ball.
I wonder whether the desire to be good cultural citizens has hurt our edge. Without resorting to more....aggressive tactics there's no real Plan B for when things aren't quite right.

It makes it very frustrating to be a fan because there's bugger all tough wins but a LOT of tough losses. It's either a blowout win or a chokey loss/draw which sucks.

morgieb

Surprised he was swayed so easily to review that one unless he uses Smith as his eyes on reviews given he can't always be as close. Though seeing he was bowling it makes it more bizarre as it never looked out.
I think Carey being keen probably helped, as did having all 3 at hand.

But if a wicket had fallen in the last 20 overs I don't think we go for it which is a problem.

OverratedSanity

Best session of the test so far imo. Really fun to watch. Australia bowled superbly for most of it, just lost their heads towards the end when luck/catching went againtst them.

morgieb

Best session of the test so far imo. Really fun to watch. Australia bowled superbly for most of it, just lost their heads towards the end when luck/catching went againtst them.
First half of the session we really could've bowled them out then and there with a bit more luck (and had Green held onto that catch against Thakur I honestly think we probably do). Green/Starc wasn't great though and then the last 20 minutes we seemed to lose our heads, especially after Warner dropped that catch.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
In all honesty this hasn't been a great test match in terms of quality ..I guess this is what happens when you don't play a FC game for some time or play IPL cricket as prep for Test matches ..

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Aus attack looking 1 dimensional. Starc leaking runs, Cummins bowled well in patches , boland was the best , Lyon hasn't bowled much.