• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Molehill

International Captain
Its amazing that we have been outplayed so totally and yet, we were pretty lucky to win the toss in those conditions. We both were 70/3 but then a couple that reared off the length were nicked away from the fielders when Smith and Khawaja were batting, but when Virat nicked it, it went straight to Smith.
If Australia had bowled first I suspect that India would've been all out for 150. The Aussie bowlers have extracted far more life from the pitch and it's not even as bowler friendly now.

Thakur is currently getting a working over from Cummins, but I'm not even sure it's doing that much.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A question for the Aussies on here about Scott Boland.

Why has he not been picked alot earlier in his career. Obviously he's up against some fine bolwers and even he must be surprised at just how well he's doing.

His 1st class record is good but not outstanding. Has he been hiding in plain sight or has he improved significantly in recent years.
Jarrod Kimber thinks he improved dramatically after learning how to bowl the 'wobble ball' but he attributes basically everything to that so I kind of take it with a grain of salt.

As recently as the 2019/20 season he averaged over 35 in a pretty bowler-friendly competition though (admittedly often on roads at home in Vic). We're not looking at a Ryan Harris situation where he was properly **** beforehand but it's not a Philander situation where he banging down the door and being ignored either.

Molehill

International Captain
I might be putting the mockers on him, but in the midst of all this, the much maligned Rahane has looked relatively untroubled (bar the no ball lbw I suppose).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jarrod Kimber thinks he improved dramatically after learning how to bowl the 'wobble ball' but he attributes basically everything to that so I kind of take it with a grain of salt.

As recently as the 2019/20 season he averaged over 35 in a pretty bowler-friendly competition though (admittedly often on roads at home in Vic). We're not looking at a Ryan Harris situation where he was properly **** beforehand but it's not a Philander situation where he banging down the door and being ignored either.
TBF Kimber explained this as him experimenting with the wobble ball in the 2019/2020 season during siddle's last year at victoria, no?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Boland was a good Shield bowler prior to 2021 but he was just that, and looked pretty ordinary in the ODI's he played. Even in the first innings I was thinking he wasn't good enough for Tests.

Then he took 6/7 and everything went bang.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBF Kimber explained this as him experimenting with the wobble ball in the 2019/2020 season during siddle's last year at victoria, no?
Yeah I pretty much ignore Kimber+wobble-ball as an explanation for anything these days because he's become a total meme on that front.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and looked pretty ordinary in the ODI's he played.
Never been a good limited overs bowler. Was brought into the test squad when he took a seven-for in the Shield, wasn't picked, and then selected for a whole bunch of ODIs for some reason.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
After the last WTC cycle, I was hopeful india would be better, and they arguably were. After this cycle, I forsee a pretty big fall in quality and rankings. India have fallen badly (despite the wins) after the india tour of Australia.