• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Womens Cricket is so interesting that 90% of this thread has been Womens Tennis

TheJediBrah

Amelia Kerr's bowling reminds me of the kid in under-12s who decided to bowl leg spin and bowled it so loopy and slow that if the batsman missed it they can turn back around have another crack at it, literally.

Daemon

Amelia Kerr's bowling reminds me of the kid in under-12s who decided to bowl leg spin and bowled it so loopy and slow that if the batsman missed it they can turn back around have another crack at it, literally.
The offies who did that took all the wickets. ****ing talentless ****s.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It is now 'political correct' to gush admirably over the female game, to cite ''how far it has progressed'' and ''how it is getting girls interested in cricket''. Just saying!

TheJediBrah

It is now 'political correct' to gush admirably over the female game, to cite ''how far it has progressed'' and ''how it is getting girls interested in cricket''. Just saying!
Well, yeah we want the game to be expanding in to new and different markets as much as possible

Daemon

It's great if that's the case. More people playing is always better.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
So bad, she's good?

I think she'll end up as a batsmen anyway.

Zinzan

She was close to under-12s in that video footage tbf, 14 as the video says. Was a tiny less loopy in the T20 the other night at age 16.

I'm picking she's going to be a champion all-rounder.

Last edited:
You accused me of speaking rubbish about players concentrating on Slams, yet when I produce evidence of players concentrating on Slams you completely avoid the argument! I was correct and you were incorrect. At least admit it.

You said they only play the slams. Totally wrong as has been proven multiple times. If you want to keep embarrassing yourself by all means continue. I'll continue ridiculing you. :laugh:

S.Kennedy

You said they only play the slams. Totally wrong as has been proven multiple times. If you want to keep embarrassing yourself by all means continue. I'll continue ridiculing you. :laugh:
I did not say anything. I was paraphrasing punditry - something you ignore. You conveniently continue to further ignore the fact that the Slam priority is a well known discussion in tennis circles, in order to make it seem as if I have invented a completely novel (and incorrect) discussion to discredit me personally. I have already provided two sources which proves this is not so - both dismissed flippantly.

Last reply from me as there is never much point in arguing with fools.

TheJediBrah

I did not say anything. I was paraphrasing punditry - something you ignore. You conveniently continue to further ignore the fact that the Slam priority is a well known discussion in tennis circles, in order to make it seem as if I have invented a completely novel (and incorrect) discussion to discredit me personally. I have already provided two sources which proves this is not so - both dismissed flippantly.

Last reply from me as there is never much point in arguing with fools.
wtf does whether or not they only play slams/focus on slams have to do with it anyway?

As I said earlier, it's at best irrelevant and at worst does the opposite of supporting what you trying to say (ie. that women's tennis is as popular as mens)

S.Kennedy

wtf does whether or not they only play slams/focus on slams have to do with it anyway?

As I said earlier, it's at best irrelevant and at worst does the opposite of supporting what you trying to say (ie. that women's tennis is as popular as mens)
You'd have to search backwards to learn how it came up. The original argument has been lost in the mist of time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, seriously, enough with the yelling about tennis.

The women's cricket thread is about women's cricket. I assumed the title was clear enough on that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes there is. Amanda Wellington is seriously good too. She gets good turn and just always looks in the game so is fun to watch.

Australia were weak in the T20s, we missed Perry.

_Ed_

This is pretty dismal umpiring. There were clearly five fielders inside the circle.

_Ed_

Oh dear, pretty sure that bounced in front of the gloves. She should have been out earlier, but still not a good look.