• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Have they changed the rules about the light recently? I thought you came off for bad light as soon as the floodlights dominated over the natural light?
They haven't done that for a few years now. The umps try to keep them on as long as possible now.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When he was younger? Can recall a few instances in the last few years where people have been confused why the umpires haven't slapped him for behaving atrociously when he hasn't been getting the rub of the green.

Oh and congratulations to the angry man anyway, this cliche is overused but he's aging like the finest of wines.

DriveClub

International Regular
This test proves that last test was no flash in the pan, theres a lot to work with talent wise in current windies team, hope they go from strength to strength in future

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Jimmy Anderson haters can **** off and die......what a man, what a legend!!!

I'd turn for him.

I do hope Aus get their much lauded meme quartet on the park for the Gabba.......it will be fun to keep mentioning how our Jimmy has over 150 more poles than all of them combined.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It does seem a bit peculiar that they were playing essentially after dark. When the players have 4 shadows rather than one it's time to go off unless it's a day-nighter.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to James Anderson. 500 poles, particularly for a seam bowler, is a massive testament to longevity and to sustained quality. Mighty achievement.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Congrats Jimmy! joining an elite club. What's interesting is that it took Walsh 17 years to play 132 tests while jimmy only took 14 to play his 128 lol England really play much more cricket these days.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah to me thats been the most remarkable thing about Jimmy, pretty sure for the last few years he's consistently bowled more overs each year than any other quick bowler.........and hes carried that workload and for the most part remained injury free.

Incredible fitness and endurance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was always a very fit lad. When he burst onto the scene in those ODIs in Australia, I remember I was mighty impressed by him. Excellent bowler. England have been lucky to have had him leading their bowling stocks for the past 7 or 8 years. Congrats to him.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great achievement, especially for a quick bowler. Not been that consistent overseas apart from a few great tours but his overall career is pretty remarkable for someone who's handled such a huge workload of overs. Undoubtedly one of the best ever from an aesthetic sense... I've never seen another bowler (apart from Wasim) who can make the ball hoop both ways at will like him.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it will be fun to keep mentioning how our Jimmy has over 150 more poles than all of them combined.
He also has more test matches than all of them combined with surplus.

Is this the best bait the English are going to have to offer this summer? smh

Arachnodouche

International Captain
West Indies need to get to 250 somehow. A target of 180-200 should be defendable if they bowl OK. Looking forward to the day's play, a bottle of Evan Williams for company on this here rainy day.