• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of The Netherlands 2022 -- 3 ODIs

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
247 is the adjusted target for us...Shai Hope and Brooks (I'm not sure if he's ever opened the batting in List A cricket before) are going well so far

SillyCowCorner1

11th ODI century for Shai Hope

He joins Shiv Chanderpaul, Gordon Greenidge, and IVA Richards with 11 ODI centuries...joint 4th highest for West Indies

His average is nearing 52

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Convincing in the end with Shai doing Shai things and King finishing it off well.

Three negatives though:

Phillip was very wayward. You can't bowl like that at international level. 140kph and wayward is a recipe for disaster.

Walsh was very inconsistent, as he often is. I'll let him off because bowling wrist spin in those temperatures is not easy.

Pooran's shot was utterly reckless and his average has gone from 50 to 40 in the last 10 matches. He needs some runs.

On Thursday I'd bring in Seales for Phillip and Rovman Powell for Bonner.

SillyCowCorner1

I'll persist with Phillip though, he needs to gain experience and the best way to do that is to play games. He gotta work on his control, but let's stay with him.

I'd replace Walsh with Jayden Seales...he's a much better attacking option and a wicket-taker.

Bonner doesn't belong in this team.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Convincing in the end with Shai doing Shai things and King finishing it off well.

Three negatives though:

Phillip was very wayward. You can't bowl like that at international level. 140kph and wayward is a recipe for disaster.

Walsh was very inconsistent, as he often is. I'll let him off because bowling wrist spin in those temperatures is not easy.

Pooran's shot was utterly reckless and his average has gone from 50 to 40 in the last 10 matches. He needs some runs.

On Thursday I'd bring in Seales for Phillip and Rovman Powell for Bonner.
I will bring in Shepherd for Philip.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
As well as we batted yesterday, it has to be acknowledged that aside from Akheil our attack has looked very average.

SillyCowCorner1

Unchanged team for us. I find our selection policies in general so uninspiring.
It’s like they don’t want to give “experience” to some players. I’d hope that they could have brought in Seales or even Sherman at the expense of Walsh.
Shepherd as well, but let’s see how this one goes.

The Netherlands have started well…two quick wickets and we are into their middle order