• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Howe_zat

Audio File
The Stokes XI have not captialised on having the best batsman in the squad and are soon to be bowled out. 217/9 in the long shadowed part of the day

Amar Virdi is having a bowl at the 10th wicket stand, suggesting that 14 a side just wasn't enough

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...r-covid-19-after-falling-ill?CMP=share_btn_tw

Reason Sam Curran didn't bowl today- Sickness and diarrhoea. Tested for covid. Nervous wait to get the results for England, although those aren't the typical symptons. Surely rules him out of the first test whatever the results.

I think the two groups of players have been training seperately so in theory it could leave England having to select from the team stokes side, with the team buttler side having to isolate.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Would be funny if the test went ahead and England were missing half their players due to a completely different contagious bug

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Reason Sam Curran didn't bowl today- Sickness and diarrhoea. Tested for covid. Nervous wait to get the results for England, although those aren't the typical symptons. Surely rules him out of the first test whatever the results.
Not being good enough should've been enough to rule him out.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Woakes bowling with Stokes and Foakes at the crease. I think this may be the closest we ever get.
I hope it never happens, would love to see the English selectors continue to troll everyone by coming close but never quite doing it

Da Silva impressive again. Definitely has a bit about him methinks

FBU

International Debutant
Would be funny if the test went ahead and England were missing half their players due to a completely different contagious bug
I feel that in Dec 2019 the squad had COVID-19. 15 or 16 had 'the flu' and 6 backroom staff. Only two who didn't get it were Curran and Anderson.

'England spinner Jack Leach believes he might have contracted Covid-19 during the tour of South Africa, not long after suffering a life-threatening bout of sepsis in New Zealand'.

I picked up this cough and temperature, and just felt shattered. I do wonder whether I had it in South Africa. I guess we’ll never know. But if you had the symptoms I had there now, you’d be thinking: “This is definitely coronavirus.”

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So apparently this guy has 1 FC hundred in 16 matches with an average of 32. Why is he anywhere near the test side?
This is the West Indies we're talking about. The competition is super bowling friendly and has **** all teams. Averaging over 30 is actually pretty decent. He also averages over 40 at List A level.

Beamer

This is the West Indies we're talking about. The competition is super bowling friendly and has **** all teams. Averaging over 30 is actually pretty decent. He also averages over 40 at List A level.
Yeah he has been dynamite in List A cricket and had a brilliant season last season. He's just turned 22 and looks solid and unflustered. Given how poor our batting options are, it's not surprising that he is in the mix.

Beamer

His name suggests he might have a Portuguese influence, but listening to him talk you could have mistaken him for a Denesh Ramdin or a Dwayne Bravo
Yep Portuguese, his Mum is from Canada I believe. He is a very impressive young man, he does coaching clinics via his YouTube channel.

What I like most is his demeanor at the crease. He is Shiv like calm and unflustered. Not like most of our top order who look visibly unsettled by good bowling (see Bumrah spells last year).

Last edited: