• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Oof, tough wicket to take. Just clipping leg stump by a tad. Should win from here.
Bit annoying given all the umpires calls when we were bowling in the first innings but can't really complain tbh, we've just been outplayed in this test.

weeman27bob

International Regular
I'm wondering when was the last time someone had the most runs and wickets in a series. Stokes has the most runs by miles so far and is one wicket behind Gabriel, who most people are leaving out of the third test. So he's got a fair shot at it.
George Giffen did it in the 1894/95 Ashes series.

So I've done the first 18 years of test cricket, someone else can do the remaining 143.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm wondering when was the last time someone had the most runs and wickets in a series. Stokes has the most runs by miles so far and is one wicket behind Gabriel, who most people are leaving out of the third test. So he's got a fair shot at it.
George Giffen did it in the 1894/95 Ashes series.

So I've done the first 18 years of test cricket, someone else can do the remaining 143.
Hick did it on our, er, untriumphant tour of India in 92/93. 315 runs which, in a 3 test series, isn't bad, and 8 wickets, which probably says more about his confreres efforts than anything else.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Hick did it on our, er, untriumphant tour of India in 92/93. 315 runs which, in a 3 test series, isn't bad, and 8 wickets, which probably says more about his confreres efforts than anything else.
I was assuming it's leading both teams in runs and wickets not just your own team.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't have been top run-scorer and top wicket-taker on both sides though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wish this will be a ripper but I think it will end with a whimper :( Windies did so well for 3.5 days of the test (including the wash out day) but Stokes gotta Stokes.. An absolute honor to say how much I have been on his bandwagon since that test series in India 4 years ago. Guy seems nerveless. Amazing amazing cricketer.

OverratedSanity

I wish this will be a ripper but I think it will end with a whimper :( Windies did so well for 3.5 days of the test (including the wash out day) but Stokes gotta Stokes.. An absolute honor to say how much I have been on his bandwagon since that test series in India 4 years ago. Guy seems nerveless. Amazing amazing cricketer.
Dwta. I think they're seriously fortunate that they're in a position to still possibly avoid defeat. Below par bowling on the first day, have been poor in the field and lots of poor dismissals with the bat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dwta. I think they're seriously fortunate that they're in a position to still possibly avoid defeat. Below par bowling on the first day, have been poor in the field and lots of poor dismissals with the bat.

I should have been more clear. They did well to hang in there inspite of some lousy bowling and fielding as well as rub of the green not going their way. I should have written "hung in" instead of "did well" I guess.

vcs

Yeah, they had a couple of decent sessions yesterday and a good one today, apart from that England have dominated.