• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A really good chance for WI to seal the series, in Archer's absence. He was all over their batsmen in the 2nd innings at Southampton. But I've a funny feeling England will come back roaring and level the series here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, Archer's attitude is gonna let him down hard here if he is not careful. You can have all the talent in the world but really this is beyond daft.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Archer should be done for the series. He’s out on medical grounds here and will have to be left out for disciplinary reasons for at least one Test.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The stupidity of resting players when not required coming to the fore as well. Lets have a new bowling attack for no good reason.

OverratedSanity

Man, Archer's attitude is gonna let him down hard here if he is not careful. You can have all the talent in the world but really this is beyond daft.
I doubt this is the kind of attitude problem that will actually have any impact on his career.

Seems to have been an absolute dumbass here though.

trundler

The stupidity of resting players when not required coming to the fore as well. Lets have a new bowling attack for no good reason.
They've obviously realised that they'll need Anderson for the much more important Pakistan series

Woodster

International Captain
What absolutely stupid braindead behaviour! I don?t know the ins and outs of what he?s actually done but it?s enough for him to risk the health of players and officials from both sides and that is simply unacceptable!

I can?t imagine it?s a difficult set of instructions to follow in between Tests when Anderson and Wood are being rested he was quite integral to the make up of the side.

I?d be absolutely fuming with him if I was on the management committee or a teammate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I doubt this is the kind of attitude problem that will actually have any impact on his career.

Seems to have been an absolute dumbass here though.

It is not just this though. He seems to be a bit of a drama queen based on his twitter and interviews. And his bowling is so very up and down, its like sometimes he can't be arsed. And that is not great when the level you are playing is the highest possible.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So is this the only time the entire fast bowling line up of a side has changed at home after the time FAf and AB blocked Australian quicks to oblivion?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Idiot.

I'd like to have seen Stone get a go, if he was fit. See how quick he is, as his numbers in SL were quite different to his ones against Ireland, but don't imagine they'll do too many last minute alterations. Always like seeing a new bowler anyway.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably comes down to him vs Robinson for last spot. They'll probably go Curran too, because Woakes, Broad, Robinson, Stokes is very right arm medium pace.
Curran didn't exactly trouble the WIndies in the Caribbean last year. The glaringly obvious move would be to pick one of Anderson and Wood and rest them in the next Test instead. So naturally that's been firmly ruled out.