• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
At least our batsmen are guaranteed high quality warm up bowling with all these bowlers we've selected. There can be no excuse of a lack of quality warm up bowling.

Beamer

depends which version. the version i usually see, or the version i keep hearing about.

there is nothing worse for a cricket team than a bowler who can spectacularly fall to pieces with no warning.
He has been excellent since 2015 basically. ICC rankings suggest so also. I can't remember the last time I saw him 'fall part.'

I get the impression you saw him on that NZ tour years ago where he couldn't land the ball on the seam and you might be struggling to get that memory out of your mind :laugh:. He's a different beast now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holder’s XI stacked with all the good bowlers while Brathwaite’s got the better bats. Probably intentional I guess.

Dying to watch a stream

Beamer

Braithwaite XI 275 all out. They had all the main test players but Warrican coming in at 8 indicates a long old tail, probably because Holder and Cornwall are on the other side.

Braithwaite 86, Hope 83

Gabriel 3/30, Joseph 4/60.

Roach, Cornwall and McSween with one each also.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he has been part of the reserves the whole time. It appears they bought some reserves to hep prepare for England specifically. Coach Simmons said that one of the reasons they brought McSween, for example, is he is a left arm swing bowler like Sam Curran. Mindley is a swing and seam bowler, more similar to English bowlers than our others I guess.
Upon looking I noticed indeed he was there all along. My bad there, noticed everyone else but not him for some reason

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ideal innings you’d have to say for preparation. Kraigg and Hope in the runs with the bowlers getting through it too

Flem274*

123/5
He has been excellent since 2015 basically. ICC rankings suggest so also. I can't remember the last time I saw him 'fall part.'

I get the impression you saw him on that NZ tour years ago where he couldn't land the ball on the seam and you might be struggling to get that memory out of your mind :laugh:. He's a different beast now.
yea a couple of tours here he's been bad, and i can't recall if he was a part of that ridiculous australian tour where all your bowlers decided to get injured and spray it around (poor jerome).

i don't get to watch many windies home tests because of tv rights and the time zone, so if that's where he's mainly performed then that will be a contributor.

morgieb

yea a couple of tours here he's been bad, and i can't recall if he was a part of that ridiculous australian tour where all your bowlers decided to get injured and spray it around (poor jerome).

i don't get to watch many windies home tests because of tv rights and the time zone, so if that's where he's mainly performed then that will be a contributor.
Yeah he was. Since that tour though he and the rest of the bowling has been consistently excellent when fit, shame about the batting.

Daemon

Braithwaite XI 275 all out. They had all the main test players but Warrican coming in at 8 indicates a long old tail, probably because Holder and Cornwall are on the other side.

Braithwaite 86, Hope 83

Gabriel 3/30, Joseph 4/60.

Roach, Cornwall and McSween with one each also.
Holder didn't bowl?

Beamer

120/7 Reifer with 5 wickets bowling left arm seamers.

Blackwood, De Silva and Bonner all fail. Not exactly putting pressure on the test batting line up so far. Hope they improve in the second innings. Holder and Cornwall also out for 0 and 2.

Ambris by all accounts was dropped in the slips a few times before making 50. Mosely was out caught in the slips, as he almost always is.

Not entirely enthused by this first batting effort.