• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

WICFan

U19 Captain
There is bigger problems than Holder, I wouldn't think of dropping him instead of Shepherd or O. Smith in ODI's.

I'd look at bringing Keemo Paul back into the side at the expense of either of the latter two.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
How bad are the support setup/system in windies cricket in general. I've heard jarrod kimber talk about this issue in regards to the CPL and how cricketers like Odean smith who are in the nets bowling 150 k/s and smashing every ball for 6 can't get a CPL game because side's don't know how to fit him in and he just gets lost in the wilderness, or guys like blackwood who despite showing all the inclinations of whiteball ability in his test innings doesn't manage to consistently build his t20 game because of one failure. Is this an issue across the board or just in the t20/CPL stuff?
They were bad, but have improved somewhat over the last 2 years. Centrally CWI have retainer contracts, academies and organise multiple camps. The island infrastructure is not great is less impressive and the JCA, for example, do absolutely nothing to support talented but wayward players.

In Oshane's case though he has to take some personal responsibility because he has had IPL contracts with the best fitness coaches out there, he's had CPL deals galore, a central contract for white ball cricket and he still hasn't lost weight or improved his fitness.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I swear we will never be rid of Royston Friggin Chase, who is somehow playing ahead of Akheil in a series decider?

Haynes is shameless I tell you.

SeamUp

International Coach
I know it's a Tuesday but it's an evening T20 , you got to think more people in Joburg would be down to watch this at the Wanderers 5 years ago. Sad.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's a Tuesday but it's an evening T20 , you got to think more people in Joburg would be down to watch this at the Wanderers 5 years ago. Sad.
I think the SA20 showed an appetite for some exciting T20… even the womens WC, but I just don’t think that this SA mens team feels exciting to the public. The erosion in the cricket support for the SA mens team is pretty clear.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the SA20 showed an appetite for some exciting T20… even the womens WC, but I just don’t think that this SA mens team feels exciting to the public. The erosion in the cricket support for the SA mens team is pretty clear.
The mens team literally chased down a record T20 score in just the last game...lol