• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Xuhaib

International Coach
Perm said:
Shows how poor our batting is then, I still think the selectors will give him another chance because there isn't many other options that are experienced enough. Just my opinion.
Actually the chairman of Selectors Wasim Bari is under pressure to blood some youngsters instead of Sami and Rana.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Jamshed Ahmed took five wickets in a domestic game today.
For that matter, Yasir Arafat took 4 in the same game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Armadillo said:
He seems to be building quite a fan base still needs to get physically stronger to make it in to the national side.

adharcric

International Coach
Armadillo said:
If I read correctly, he was quite expensive in that match as well. That definitely won't cut it at the highest level. The kid has only just started playing domestic cricket - I doubt he'll be ready by the end of the year.

adharcric

International Coach
Armadillo said:
If I read correctly, he was quite expensive in that match as well. That definitely won't cut it at the highest level. The kid has only just started playing domestic cricket - I doubt he'll be ready by the end of the year.

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan will struggle

lookin at the current windies team Pakistan will struggle badly they wont be able to handle the pace of Jerome taylor nor would they be capable of picking Dwayne bravo's slower one's they will really struggle to stop the run flow from chanderpaul,Sarwan(he is due for a big one),Gayle(heheh its just keeps on comin).Runako morton,anddddddddddd ...........................Lara it will be tuff damn tuff for pakistan to match these guys for the aggression they are showin these days ....................windies is on a revival path to glory day's its true it was no fluke thier recent successes one feels they have a good chance this wc

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
yeah he will play

But it really doesnt matter jerome taylor and fidel edwards will keep everyone at bay westindies glory reassured here and the reverse swinging yorker from taylor god save the pakistani batsman

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
pak announce a rookie fast bowler in squad

hehe left arm pacer Niazi has been included in the squad well i remember ki pathan was called a cricketer who was found in every nukhad and gulli of pakistan so i guess now they are gettin in a galli bowler god ppl these guys are so .......heheheh :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
krishnavamshi24 said:
hehe left arm pacer Niazi has been included in the squad well i remember ki pathan was called a cricketer who was found in every nukhad and gulli of pakistan so i guess now they are gettin in a galli bowler god ppl these guys are so .......heheheh :laugh:
You know-who is back.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Predicted 1st test line-ups:

WEST INDIES:

Gayle
Ganga
Sarwan
Lara
Chanderpaul
Morton
Bravo
Ramdin
Taylor
Collymore
Edwards/Mohammad - depending on condtions

PAKISTAN:

Malik
Farhat
Younis
Mohammad Yo
Inzi
Razzaq/Iqbal
Akmal
Rehman
Nazir
Gul
Kaneria

I really think Pakistan should have considered recalling Mushtaq to add some much needed experience and class to the attack.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
aussie said:
I really think Pakistan should have considered recalling Mushtaq to add some much needed experience and class to the attack.
Probably too much of a quick fix. They desperately need someone in as a definite backup spinner because if Kaneria gets injured an attack of Afridi, Malik and Hafeez is unlikely to scare many opponents. I doubt Rehman will get a game, but I'll be interested to see how he goes.

Nishant

International 12th Man
aussie said:
It would definitely be a step backwards...but i think that the situation does demand it right now for pakisrtan cricket. Its a shame really! Im not even a pakistani fan and i still feel sorry for them! Perhaps, it would have been better for world cricket if they hadn't got into a mess like this;

1. Shoaib and asif doping
2. Younis Khan Incident
3. Primarily, the whole inzamam incident!

Anyway...i guess everything will sort itself out eventually!

FRAZ

International Captain
krishnavamshi24 said:
lookin at the current windies team Pakistan will struggle badly they wont be able to handle the pace of Jerome taylor nor would they be capable of picking Dwayne bravo's slower one's they will really struggle to stop the run flow from chanderpaul,Sarwan(he is due for a big one),Gayle(heheh its just keeps on comin).Runako morton,anddddddddddd ...........................Lara it will be tuff damn tuff for pakistan to match these guys for the aggression they are showin these days ....................windies is on a revival path to glory day's its true it was no fluke thier recent successes one feels they have a good chance this wc
Yeah right ! Gota hate this team ? It's mandatory , you know that ?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Sami and Rana should have been recalled. It really reflects poorly on a side, when your most internationally experienced pace bowler is Umar Gul. Samiullah Khan looks to be a good pick though, as his first-class record is very good, and his left arm pace should provide some variety to the attack. I don't know why they're persisting with Nazir though, might be Pakistan's version of Jon Lewis.