• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well last time he played against the Windies it went quite well. :ph34r:

His form is the best so far so fair enough.

-This is only because Sinclair is temping and not permanent-
What if he scores a ton and Guptill fails? :ph34r:

Yes, I do realise the odds of this happening are pretty damn slim. :p

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not based on this I would say. The official comment was that his return to the national set up last time was obviously premature - it hardly sounds like the kind of stuff that ends careers. It looks like the board just cracking the whip again, which I'm sure people will have fun debating the merit of.
Course, heres hoping your on the money

Athlai

Not Terrible
BFJ is still young and still has plenty of time to sort his **** out, hopefully his hunger to play at the highest level is as intense as his hunger for big macs and beer.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The man seriously has the decision making capability and self control of an 8 year old. I just think that for the next few years he's going to have to have a permanent minder and never drink except when he's out with the rest of the team.

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bloody ridiculous Matt has been selected, he's the past ffs! we've been here how many times now???!!! I guess this means that Broom isn't going to be selected?

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
The man seriously has the decision making capability and self control of an 8 year old. I just think that for the next few years he's going to have to have a permanent minder and never drink except when he's out with the rest of the team.

His mates should really be giving him a hand tbh shouldn't they? Not blaming it on them, he needs to take respondsibility but he must not have great mates if they let him go out binge drinking when he has a past

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Broom's in for Oram, who has an injury.
Yea probably should've checked the team first

Something like this?:

McCullum
Guptill
Sinclair
Taylor
Flynn
Broom
Elliot
Vettori
Mills
Southee
Patel/Gillespie

Yup that looks right, although I'd still rather Flynn at 3 and somebody who is going to other something to the team come in @ 5/6, Hay (although he's done nothing recently)

_Ed_

Disagree wholeheartedly. Sinclair's talked enough **** over the years about ****ing off overseas to earn bigger money to show that his self-interest is his overriding concern. He's also shown none of the mental requirements to succeed at the top level.

Despite Ryder's off-field problems, his on-field returns are greater.

Therefore, wholeheartedly NOT good news (other than for Sinclair, Prince EWS and, it seems, yourself).
AWTA.

One day cricket's never been Sinclair's strongest suit anyway.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yea probably should've checked the team first

Something like this?:

McCullum
Guptill
Sinclair
Taylor
Flynn
Broom
Elliot
Vettori
Mills
Southee
Patel

Yup that looks right, although I'd still rather Flynn at 3 and somebody who is going to other something to the team come in @ 5/6, Hay (although he's done nothing recently)
Edited**

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Ryder's been dropped for an alcohol related indiscretion. Poor bastard.
Nothing poor about it. He appears to be an immature lad.

The worst problem is that he's dragging other players down around him - one of my workmates is related to a young Wellington rep who heads out on the drink far too often with Ryder - my workmate describes JR as a "bad influence on him". Seriously, a beer or two? No worries, but considering your past, you stupid ****, keep your drinking to the hotel when in the NZ camp for a year or so.

_Ed_

Wish tomorrow's game was a day/nighter. I've decided to go to the Ellerslie races instead tomorrow, but if the game started at 2 I could still make it there in time for the second innings. :(

Of course, my absence from the ground should ensure a NZ victory.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing poor about it. He appears to be an immature lad.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I feel sympathetic to his headspace at the moment. He'd be thinking that he's in form, scoring runs, feeling good, enjoying life, and a lapse in dedication costs him his spot. It's Mark Cosgrove all over again. Simply for the sake of an argument, you could say that the attempt to turn Cosgrove into a modern athlete ruined him, and that the same may eventually happen with Ryder. Guys like them have severe attitude problems, and history has shown us that they probably don't respond well to the constant harping on about aspects of their game that they see as irrelevant when the results are on the table. I guess you have to ask yourself whether the individual is better off, and whether the team is better off, if you stop trying to make them something they are patently not.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, fair enough - I note in one of the news articles, he was so hungover that he firstly missed a team meeting in the morning and secondly, was too unwell to make it to training in the afternoon. That requires a heck of a lot of drinking - and on a Wednesday night in early January?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, fair enough - I note in one of the news articles, he was so hungover that he firstly missed a team meeting in the morning and secondly, was too unwell to make it to training in the afternoon. That requires a heck of a lot of drinking - and on a Wednesday night in early January?
Wednesday is student night in Wellington and clearly rockst. :ph34r: