• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting first hour really. West Indies, besides a woeful first over from Powell, has been excellent IMO. Edwards has looked a little loose and might be a problem - I can see him going for 1/120 or wrapping up the middle order and finishing with 4 or 5/80. Bit nervous for McIntosh - I hope he survives the session, which'll do his confidence a huge amount.

And 146 from Edwards then so he's obviously picking up the pace now.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Not yet, Flynn is just not good enough at the short form at this stage in his career. How is also a gun number 3.
Surprisingly his strike rate is 87 in domestic OD's( Flynn). How is doing well at odi's and I dont mind How but they're both that stoic kind of player so they might be competing for the same spot down the track. IMO Flynn may have more potential and a better temperament. He seems to have the mental game for internationals.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Surprisingly his strike rate is 87 in domestic OD's( Flynn). How is doing well at odi's and I dont mind How but they're both that stoic kind of player so they might be competing for the same spot down the track. IMO Flynn may have more potential and a better temperament. He seems to have the mental game for internationals.
How to date has been a remarkable number 3 so until Flynn starts showing the runs to take the spot he shouldn't get it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting first hour really. West Indies, besides a woeful first over from Powell, has been excellent IMO. Edwards has looked a little loose and might be a problem - I can see him going for 1/120 or wrapping up the middle order and finishing with 4 or 5/80. Bit nervous for McIntosh - I hope he survives the session, which'll do his confidence a huge amount.

And 146 from Edwards then so he's obviously picking up the pace now.
Ah, they've been very good? How come they've only picked up one wicket, good defensive batting? Bad luck?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Conditions aren't really offering everything and besides McIntosh giving half a chance early on the batting has been decent from these two.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hows last 10 figures are looking very very average at best

Scored 170 in a NZA game with an attack stronger than Bangladesh's TBF. Still pretty poor especially considering he gets the starts.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scored 170 in a NZA game with an attack stronger than Bangladesh's TBF. Still pretty poor especially considering he gets the starts.
Yeah that's true but the above stats are Test only.

I have to say, I was quite high on How for a long time, especially during that England run, where he got two 60s. It seems like he has so much potential and a strong technique, he just can't live up too that potnetial.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone got anything to say about McIntosh's footwork? Not hearing particularly good things on the radio.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckon we should hold out with him for the Summer, think he can turn it around.

Flynn gives a chance.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Anyone got anything to say about McIntosh's footwork? Not hearing particularly good things on the radio.
nervous, so its hard to tell. Seems to be taking lots of little unconfident steps. Not convincing. Strange thing IMO is he seems to struggle around leg stump, and looks awkward there. Maybe just nerves again but strange for a lefty