• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah that's top bowling, was setting him up for it - WI haven't seen Jamieson before, the first few balls he sent across him then followed with the fuller inswinger.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
That's it, no more interest in watching the WI batters. Was hoping for Bravo hundred and knocking over the rest. No more... Just watching too admire the bowling now :)

thundaboult

International Debutant
Good to see our boys beat up on WI-SL-BAN-lite for the 100th time. Lets see this against South Africa, Australia and India in their backyards now please. :)

Moss

Quite a throwback that Wagner wicket. A couple of 'cricket' friends who otherwise watch a fair amount of NZ games were surprised to learn there's more to him than being a short ball merchant.

nzfan

It's quite relentless the bowling at the moment. No bridesmaid in this bowling line up. Each one is a genuine wicket taker so it's quite hard to keep them all out consistently on this deck. It takes special skills, lots of patience and plenty of luck.

Flametree

International 12th Man
It's quite relentless the bowling at the moment. No bridesmaid in this bowling line up. Each one is a genuine wicket taker so it's quite hard to keep them all out consistently on this deck. It takes special skills, lots of patience and plenty of luck.
Well Holder just had his bit of luck...

Beamer

I know he is a class bowler, but if Wagner is swinging it this much you know conditions are pretty good for bowling...

veganbob

U19 Captain
I know he is a class bowler, but if Wagner is swinging it this much you know conditions are pretty good for bowling...

It's been swinging a lot the whole game. Apart from Kane and Latham- all other NZ batsmen looked like they could get out next ball. Windies bowlers will probably learn in the next match, it would have a lot tougher for us if they had supported Roach better from the other end.

nzfan

Blundell's keeping is so good. Dowrich and Brooks found it so hard with the ball swinging after it's left the stumps. Blundell's take are so much smoother and assured. Shows how much playing in our conditions makes a difference to all facets of the game.

Beamer

It's been swinging a lot the whole game. Apart from Kane and Latham- all other NZ batsmen looked like they could get out next ball. Windies will probably learn in the next match, it would have a lot tougher for us if they had supported Roach better from the other end.
Not sure I agree. The stats show it has swung way more today. 1.2 to 1.8 I believe it was.

I think we were average on the first morning but then bowled well from then on. Kane was just too good.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Disgraceful stuff from Wagner until that last over. If he keeps that up he'll ruin his short ball:full ball wickets ratio.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner's always been an ok swing bowler. Managed to maintain a test average in the low 30's until he had his eureka moment with the short ball v SL in 2015. It's part of what makes him such an asset to the side, he can play different roles for different conditions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow what a morning, just catching up on the wickets.

Some really good bowling, though tbh they bowled well last night too, it's just that Brathwaite and Campbell were very watchful and disciplined last night. But a clump of wickets was always a good possibility (esp with Bravo's fitness and Brooks having had to keep) and Campbell gifted the breakthrough.

Jamieson looks very very good this season.

Beamer

That wasn't the most intelligent shot from Blackwood. I'm shocked I tell you!

Dowrich not batting? We are truly done for, possibly today. Kane Williamson wins by an innings....