• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It's been like that for a few years in NZ. Not as bad as the T20s at least, non-stop cacophany of noise.
No, I dont think so.

I go once a year.

There'll be music in a drinks break, or parts of the other breaks. But not constantly between overs.

This is an ominous development.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I dont think so.

I go once a year.

There'll be music in a drinks break, or parts of the other breaks. But not constantly between overs.

This is an ominous development.
Might just be one or two particular grounds, I can remember this being the case as far back as BMac's last couple of years.

nzfan

Amazing catching today, two good ones behind the stumps. Still I believe the ones they got out to weren't unplayable but the pressure of having to bat for long periods without scoring got them. WI had to be disciplined the first hour and could have had a reasonable day with the bat but they didn't apply.

I think Bravo is going to go all right here.

Moss

Well what a start. Southee looks such a menace on such days when he's switched on.

Didn't like that lbw decision at all, glad to see it was overturned.

nzfan

There was no way that could have been out, the ball went so fine. Good for Bravo. I don't actually mind him scoring some runs here. He's great to watch.

Beamer

I am so fed up with our batsmen tbh. Brooks and Braithwaite just have terrible footwork. They learned nothing from watching Kane for 2 days.

Excellent bowling clearly, but Roach bowled just as well as that at times , it must be do frustrating to watch.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Surely they can make better use of that fielder stopping the on-drive. Put him elsewhere and entice them to drive with Boult hooping it in.

Moss

Amazing catching today, two good ones behind the stumps. Still I believe the ones they got out to weren't unplayable but the pressure of having to bat for long periods without scoring got them. WI had to be disciplined the first hour and could have had a reasonable day with the bat but they didn't apply.

I think Bravo is going to go all right here.
On the topic of Blundell's catch, how easy is it to get right back to wicketkeeping when you've been out of it for a year or so like he has?

nzfan

On the topic of Blundell's catch, how easy is it to get right back to wicketkeeping when you've been out of it for a year or so like he has?
Blundell trains like crazy. He's never out of touch. The three guys Blundell, Conway and Rachin are training buddies. They verge on over training, 24x7 cricketers. And Blundell is super fit, one of the fittest bloke around and lateral diving comes to him quite easy.

Beamer

From our perspective we need to respect that this is brilliant bowling and conditions/luck is against us.

They need to channel their inner Kane and find a way of getting through this until things get easier. It's test cricket!!

thierry henry

International Coach
Cricinfo completely neglected to mention the actual catches despite providing verbose accounts of the wickets, were they good?

nzfan

From our perspective we need to respect that this is brilliant bowling and conditions/luck is against us.

They need to channel their inner Kane and find a way of getting through this until things get easier. It's test cricket!!
Couple of hours of disciplined batting, leaving heaps even when on stumps on length is crucial. I suppose not so easy to leave on length on the stumps coming from West Indies where the bounce is a lot less these days? If you survive couple of hours there's runs to take. The hardest is the first 20-30 balls when you're just in. If it moves heaps then you're fine but if it's moving very little that's the ones that gets you by forcing you to play.

Beamer

Couple of hours of disciplined batting, leaving heaps even when on stumps on length is crucial. I suppose not so easy to leave on length on the stumps coming from West Indies where the bounce is a lot less these days? If you survive couple of hours there's runs to take. The hardest is the first 20-30 balls when you're just in. If it moves heaps then you're fine but if it's moving very little that's the ones that gets you by forcing you to play.
I'm just not sure enough of our guys are capable of they. Test batting is a lost art in the Caribbean.

Watch Blackwood come in and hit it to mod off....

nzfan

Cricinfo completely neglected to mention the actual catches despite providing verbose accounts of the wickets, were they good?
Blundell's was top notch. To his right diving laterally with the ball heading away towards first slip, single handed grab. Outstanding catch. Ross took one that was just about dying, very low never easy that height at first slip. Got to watch it all the way.

Meridio

International Regular
Reckon Jamieson will be a handful here. A bit quicker and a bit more bounce than Southee and Boult, and we've seen in domestics this season he can move the ball.

Moss

I am so fed up with our batsmen tbh. Brooks and Braithwaite just have terrible footwork. They learned nothing from watching Kane for 2 days.

Excellent bowling clearly, but Roach bowled just as well as that at times , it must be do frustrating to watch.
Roach was very good yesterday, would have had NZ in some trouble if Williamson wasn't bossing the game at the other end.

Moss

Was hoping for a rearguard from Bravo, but man that Jameson over was good to watch.