• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Munro (illness) and Guptill (minor hamstring injury) are out of the NZA red ball warm-up match, starting Saturday. Latham and Neesham in.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bert Sutcliffe Oval pitches not exactly the fast Patumahoe clay Bennett's been having all his early success on, mind you. All this sunshine across the country probably just means even slower and more powdery puddings down there.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You snuck Bennett in there but still needs more Wellington - Woodcock for Santner and M Taylor for CDG plz.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sensible NZ side:

Latham
Raval
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls/Watling
De Grandhomme
Santner
Blundell/Seifert
Southee
Wagner
Boult

I think Watling will sit out tbh.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sensible NZ side:

Latham
Raval
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls/Watling
De Grandhomme
Santner
Blundell/Seifert
Southee
Wagner
Boult

I think Watling will sit out tbh.
Doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't mind Watling giving up the gloves on a permanent basis and playing out the rest of career as a middle-order bat (never as opener though), a la Baz. There seems to be a dearth of good middle order players, incumbent Nicholls has been flaky thus far, and Taylor won't be around for much longer. Would also allow Blundell/Seifert to cme in while at the peak of their abilities.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Logan van Beek has been brought into the New Zealand A side to play a three-day warm-up match against the West Indies in Lincoln, after Scott Kuggeleijn was ruled out with illness.