• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just checked out the Windies bowling unit. Why has Shillingworth been picked ahead of Deonarine again?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What's with the Deonarine love Cribb? I mean, I rate the guy higher than pretty much every current WI batsman that isn't in this XI, but I don't quite get it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just checked out the Windies bowling unit. Why has Shillingworth been picked ahead of Deonarine again?
I know it's just Zimbabwe, but he absolutely wrecked them. 19 wickets in 2 games. Did very well against Australia when they toured as well.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's with the Deonarine love Cribb? I mean, I rate the guy higher than pretty much every current WI batsman that isn't in this XI, but I don't quite get it.
I actually really enjoy watching him bowl; that's why I like him. I have to plug his batting to get him in the side given he's a batsman and all. :p

WindieWeathers

International Regular
He scored 90 odd in the warm up match and can get wickets with his spin!!....he's not chanders!!..but i'd bet my house if he was in this line-up we wouldn't be six down at this stage!!..but the selectors are deseperate to keep their "captain" in the side so they sacrificed a batsman for Sammy!!..

harsh.ag

Makes sense then.

Get somebody who knows what he is doing behind the stumps into the team, ffs.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I've rated Deonarine ever since he made 80 odd at Perth, he plays some top knocks every now and then.

btw has Ravi Rampaul fallen out of favour or is he injured?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I've rated Deonarine ever since he made 80 odd at Perth, he plays some top knocks every now and then.

btw has Ravi Rampaul fallen out of favour or is he injured?
They don't trust his fitness right now!!!..injured in bangledash, injured against NZ, missed the Zim series etc!!..so they've got for "Tino"...Cotterrell should be interesting to watch though cause the kid is dangerous when he gets going.

harsh.ag

Some nut on cricinfo commentary says, "Seriously weird to see Dhoni not holding on to his chances today!!!! A rarity you can say." Blind mofo.

Riggins

International Captain
Makes sense then.

Get somebody who knows what he is doing behind the stumps into the team, ffs.
Pavan Sharath on Cricinfo said:
"Seriously weird to see Dhoni not holding on to his chances today!!!! A rarity you can say. Even tough chances were comfortably taken by him in the past which has set a benchmark for himself in every match."
doesn't check out