• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But when you as the captain only average 25 when you open the batting, what right do you have to criticise a bowling average like that from a part timer. I'd be doing a Luuk van Troost and dropping myself from the team...... Well, I wouldn't, but Ganga should be dropped.

Fiery

Banned
But when you as the captain only average 25 when you open the batting, what right do you have to criticise a bowling average like that from a part timer. I'd be doing a Luuk van Troost and dropping myself from the team...... Well, I wouldn't, but Ganga should be dropped.
Chanderpaul should know better, he shouldn't be volunteering to bowl...and if he was asked by Ganga to bowl he should have said "nah mate, you don't wanna bowl me, I'm ****"

HeathDavisSpeed

Chanderpaul should know better, he shouldn't be volunteering to bowl...and if he was asked by Ganga to bowl he should have said "nah mate, you don't wanna bowl me, I'm ****"
As a bowler, you'll never say that. If the cap'n suggests you turning your arm over, you don't say no - he might not come back to you again. Obviously it was different for me as I was always the captain's "go-to guy". Blame the selectors for not picking a spinner from the wealth of spinning talent available in the windies... WHERE IS OMARI BANKS!?!

Fiery

Banned
As a bowler, you'll never say that. If the cap'n suggests you turning your arm over, you don't say no - he might not come back to you again. Obviously it was different for me as I was always the captain's "go-to guy". Blame the selectors for not picking a spinner from the wealth of spinning talent available in the windies... WHERE IS OMARI BANKS!?!
:laugh: at "go-to-guy", but Chanderpaul is not "a bowler"

simmy

International Regular
Lol @ KP after that shot.

Has the right idea though. He could win it for England in this session if we are honest.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
That's something I was thinking of last night. How many other non Zim and BD Test teams would Ganga get into, never mind capatain? Maybe NZ but I can't think of another....

HeathDavisSpeed

That's something I was thinking of last night. How many other non Zim and BD Test teams would Ganga get into, never mind capatain? Maybe NZ but I can't think of another....
I can only think of one Kiwi batsman that Ganga might have trumped in his career-time; and that was Lee Germon - who was really a keeper anyway. Ganga wouldn't exactly be the first name on the team sheet for Zimbabwe, and I think that he'd be perilously close to not getting in the Bangladesh squad. He'd be nowhere near the Kiwi team, or even the Kiwi A team for the one day game, and there's plenty of players available in NZ who are better than him. Even Jesse Ryder can't get in the NZ team, and everyone knows how good (he thinks) he is!!!