• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Jakester1288

International Regular
Is Gayle back in Aus?
Not that I've been following cricket at all lately, or even using this section of CW, with the series starting tomorrow, I've ventured back. And from what I heard at school he is.

How's everyone planning on following these games. I'm taking my old phone to school with me, so I can use the radio on that, and use the battery, while keeping my other, newer phone, for, err, being a phone.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'll watch as much as possible. Gratingly I've got school on the weekdays, so I'll probably only catch the final session then

(notwithstanding some lunchtime scorecard updates in camera, with the assistance of Cricinfo).

I also have requiste extra-curricular commitments on Sunday, which unfortunately means being deprived of watching the first session.

Hoping for a decent contest.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Is Gayle back in Aus?
Yes, he is, and he went straight from the plane to practice in the nets....

However, in the last practice session, Sarwan may just have hurt his back.
:mellow:
Let's hope he's better, and won't have to be replaced by either Dowlin or Deonarine. To me, losing Sarwan is a bigger blow than losing Gayle....

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
That's an unkind photo of Doug, but some people make it harder to find a flattering angle.
Atleast he has a touch of hair these days.

First time I ever watched Bollinger bowl for NSW I swore I was watching a long time Sydney grade cricket pro who had been called up for a couple of games late in his career (thinking he was 34-35 years of age), Bollinger was 23.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Am really looking forward to tomorrow. Always enjoy the first test of the summer. In particular I'm hoping Siddle does well. Love it when he gets pumped up.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't know whether to hope, for the sake of a contest, that the Windies bat or bowl. If they bowl, maybe Gayle has a chance to get rid of the worst of his jet lag before he has to bat, but normally batting first gives teams the best chance at the Gabba.

If Mitch's radar's working, and Gayle is jet-lagged, it could get very interesting for him.

Woodster

International Captain
Looking forward to this series myself, even booked a couple of days off so I can record it and watch the full days play.

Hoping the WI turn up, and while I don't believe they can win the series, I do think there will be sessions of play where they will be competitive, more so if Ramnaresh Sarwan passes his fitness test, as he is obviously a big player for WI. Having looked at the WI probable XI they do look a batsman short, so there is even more importance on Sarwan's availability.

With their attack, Jerome Taylor is clearly the main threat, but the pace of Kemar Roach makes him an exciting player to watch, his control will naturally be crucial.

For Australia, will be good to see if Siddle can continue to enhance his reputation, and whether Watson can go on and make a big score at the top of the order. If he doesn't, Roogers, Jaques and Hughes may well be preparing themselves for another shot.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, looking forward to seeing Roach bowl. Taylor has been good when I've seen him bowl as well. Real shame Edwards is injured. Edwards, Taylor, Roach (from what I've heard of him), Bravo and Gayle could be a decent attack.