• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indian Domestic Season 2014

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It wont let me edit the squads in one of my opening posts, so if a mod could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the CCC squad:

Steven Jacobs (captain), Floyd Reifer (player/coach), Anthony Alleyne, Ryan Austin, Kyle Corbin, Akeem Dewar, Kavem Hodge, Kyle Mayers, Kristopher Ramsaran, Wayne Morgan, Shacaya Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Chadwick Walton (wicket-keeper), Kesrick Williams

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The Barbados selectors are even more useless than their W.I counterparts. Leaving out Cummins is short sighted and defies reason.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It wont let me edit the squads in one of my opening posts, so if a mod could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the CCC squad:

Steven Jacobs (captain), Floyd Reifer (player/coach), Anthony Alleyne, Ryan Austin, Kyle Corbin, Akeem Dewar, Kavem Hodge, Kyle Mayers, Kristopher Ramsaran, Wayne Morgan, Shacaya Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Chadwick Walton (wicket-keeper), Kesrick Williams
What do you think of that idiot Floyd Reifer coming of retirement and making Kyle Hope have to sit on the bench? that news really did p]ss me off...why do these crap "seniors" keeping holding back the young talent in the region? Kyle Hope done the best in the trials and Jamal Warrican also done very well but yet Reifer and Austin play!!..it's shameful man :@ .

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
I haven't seen live WI cricket in a long long time, but finally got my first look at Jason Holder the other day and I must say that I am very excited by the potential of this young man. My question to u WW is, is he being mentored by ne one of our past greats (ex Ambrose etc). I'm loving the look of the potential WI bowling attack of the next few years (injuries permitting): Roach, Holder, Narine, Taylor (or Rampaul or someone else idk). I just hope those stupid selectors can get their heads out their u know whats and quit persisting with dead weights like Tino Best !!!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I haven't seen live WI cricket in a long long time, but finally got my first look at Jason Holder the other day and I must say that I am very excited by the potential of this young man. My question to u WW is, is he being mentored by ne one of our past greats (ex Ambrose etc). I'm loving the look of the potential WI bowling attack of the next few years (injuries permitting): Roach, Holder, Narine, Taylor (or Rampaul or someone else idk). I just hope those stupid selectors can get their heads out their u know whats and quit persisting with dead weights like Tino Best !!!
Welcome back Slifer..feel free to contribute more often if you can. Yes Holder does look fantastic now and the word is he's certain to make his test debut this year. From what i know he' worked one on one with Ambrose several times...Amby is like a mentor to him since he became a coach for the CCC.

And i fully agree..Narine (25), Roach (25) and Holder (22) look like they could be the backbone of our attack for many years to come.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
HERE is a scorecard from a warm up game between CCC and Barbados last night. Once again Miguel Cummings impressed....was also good to see Corbin get a good knock...kid has talent but just throws his wicket away too often.

Slifer

International Captain
Welcome back Slifer..feel free to contribute more often if you can. Yes Holder does look fantastic now and the word is he's certain to make his test debut this year. From what i know he' worked one on one with Ambrose several times...Amby is like a mentor to him since he became a coach for the CCC.

And i fully agree..Narine (25), Roach (25) and Holder (22) look like they could be the backbone of our attack for many years to come.

Wow if he's really working with the big Antiguan, then I think Sky's the limit. Just hope we can catch some luck and these young men are taken care of so that they can remain fit. And can u please get a message out to the WICB that they never ever select Best again. I can understand if u have an injury and u need cover, but I'd rather they gave another up and coming bowling that that waste of pace!! Any other young fast bowling prospects in the WI btw???

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Wow if he's really working with the big Antiguan, then I think Sky's the limit. Just hope we can catch some luck and these young men are taken care of so that they can remain fit. And can u please get a message out to the WICB that they never ever select Best again. I can understand if u have an injury and u need cover, but I'd rather they gave another up and coming bowling that that waste of pace!! Any other young fast bowling prospects in the WI btw???
Totally agree about Best..his time is well and truly up now and to be honest he's been nothing but a disappointment in the main.

Anyway as for your last question...of course there's plenty :D

1. Miguel Cummings from Barbados was the best pacer in the last 4day competition..and is playing for the A-team now

2. Marlon Richards is a true swing bowler from Trinidad and had a great debut season for Trinidad last year

3. Ronsford Beaton from Guyana..looks like another Roach..good pace, hostile and can move the ball

4. Delorn Johnson from Winwards...tall lefty..has had some injuries of late but has played for the A-team recently and looks decent

5. Quinton Boatswain from Leewards also made his debut last season and done well

6. Kevin Mcclean from CCC...he's been around for a few years and has played for the A-team..reminds many people of Jerome Taylor.

And there's a few in the WI u19s team like Ray Jordan and Azzari Joseph who could be making their senior debuts this season aswell. So the talent is there but the coaches in the region have to make sure they nurture them right.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Awesome for Craig Young. Has been very highly rated in Ireland for a while and is by all accounts one of the most driven and hard-working players in the country; just keeps getting injured.

Pretty surprised at no White.

Slifer

International Captain
Totally agree about Best..his time is well and truly up now and to be honest he's been nothing but a disappointment in the main.

1. Miguel Cummings from Barbados was the best pacer in the last 4day competition..and is playing for the A-team now

2. Marlon Richards is a true swing bowler from Trinidad and had a great debut season for Trinidad last year

3. Ronsford Beaton from Guyana..looks like another Roach..good pace, hostile and can move the ball

4. Delorn Johnson from Winwards...tall lefty..has had some injuries of late but has played for the A-team recently and looks decent

5. Quinton Boatswain from Leewards also made his debut last season and done well

6. Kevin Mcclean from CCC...he's been around for a few years and has played for the A-team..reminds many people of Jerome Taylor.

And there's a few in the WI u19s team like Ray Jordan and Azzari Joseph who could be making their senior debuts this season aswell. So the talent is there but the coaches in the region have to make sure they nurture them right.
Thanks for the update. I hope to GOD most of these young men are handled properly by the respective boards but I'm not really optimistic. But I do like our prospects though and I hope we can get it together again.

Beamer

What do you think of that idiot Floyd Reifer coming of retirement and making Kyle Hope have to sit on the bench? that news really did p]ss me off...why do these crap "seniors" keeping holding back the young talent in the region? Kyle Hope done the best in the trials and Jamal Warrican also done very well but yet Reifer and Austin play!!..it's shameful man :@ .
I'm with you on this one WW, it's so depressing. Reifer has always been ordinary, why play a 42 year old instead of a youngster who has outperformed him in Barbados club cricket for at least 3 years now. I'm hoping they just went for experience in the List A squad and that sanity will prevail when the 4 day season starts. We've seen some very dissapointing and bizarre selection policies so far, showing it's not just the senior selectors that are clueless. We have:

- Krishomar Santokie bizarrely dropped from the Jamaica squad despite being one of the best Limited Overs bowlers in the Caribbean for 3 seasons now.

- Miguel Cummins excluded from the Barbados squad even though he has been outstanding in the trial matches and for West Indies A. Tino Best has been included instead.

- Flloyd Reifer selected ahead of Kyle Hope. Totally bizarre.

- Swing bowlerMarlon Richards left out of the T & T squad in favour of a load of part time spinners.

I've probably missed a few strange choices out there as well. It's disgraceful. I honestly despair at the standard of cricket administration in the Caribbean right now.

Slifer

International Captain
Maybe like u said (and that's a big maybe) the respective boards r saving these youngsters for the longer 4 day competition. They cant be that incompetent?? Surely!!

Beamer

Let us hope so Slifer. I just have no faith in the powers that be to make the right decisions. I smell a rat!

Beamer

Our provisional squad for the World T20 has been named. This gives some idea as to how the selectors are thinking. As usual, there are some strange options in there (I've made them bold) but all in all a pretty strong 30 for that form of cricket. Thank God our best players are back. I really think Dwayne Smith should open the batting with Chris Gayle.

Christopher Barnwell, Sulieman Benn, Tino Best, Samuel Badree, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Kevon Cooper, Sheldon Cottrell, Fidel Edwards, Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Delorn Johnson, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Krishmar Santokie, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Chadwick Walton.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Seriously Tino Best YYYYYYYY!!!????
LOL it's just provisional..Tino won't be going anywhere trust me!! :D ...infact most of them haven't got a chance..i fully expect th majority of the world cup winning squad to go along with a few new faces like Holder and Miller.

Anyway in other news CCC beat Bim in the second warm up match HERE ...would like to see some higher scores put up but apparently the pitch isn't the best.

Leewards still yet to name their squad but in warm up matches 17 year old pacer Azzair Joseph got a few wickets..really hope the kid makes his senior debut this year as he looks like he could be something special.

And lastly Narine having fun in South Africa for he cape cobras!!.. got 2/18 and 2/24 in the first two t20s he's played...i must say him bowling in all these different conditions is brilliant as he's only gonna get better by doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know if that is pathetic or just plain sad. It's certainly is problematic and systematic.

Really would add Miguel to that list.

HERE is a scorecard from a warm up game between CCC and Barbados last night. Once again Miguel Cummings impressed....was also good to see Corbin get a good knock...kid has talent but just throws his wicket away too often.
Miguel always impresses when given an opportunity, Even ob the A tour to India. Why is he being held back?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year

Excellent summary as usual.

Last edited: