• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm-up Matches Discussion

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Collins Obuya has pretty much scored half of Kenya's runs over the last year, and Waters is in good nick. It could therefore just be the lull before the epic collapse. I've been meaning to ask Windies fans. What became of Jerome Taylor?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sanag wanting Crapoo badly in the team ahead of Perera. The latter was not batted, but Kulasekara batting ahead of him. It will be a major miracle if SL wins the WC
Perera must play, he's the second best quick in the squad.

The NZ vs IRE match looks like it's 11 vs 11, it should be counted as an official ODI match IMO..

pup11

International Coach
Warm-up games should be proper 11 v 11 games otherwise they really don't have much point. These games are suppossed to the there for teams to iron out any issues regarding their team set-up and plan and skill execution on the field, can't see how teams can really simulate that in a 15 v 15 game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good start by Bangladesh dismissing Canada for a dire 112.

Canada is my least favourite minnow, I wish Afghanistan was in the WC instead of them.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mishra for Patel IMO. Otherwise we've been undone by the same ol' lack of true batting depth issues that hurt associates.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Warm-up games should be proper 11 v 11 games otherwise they really don't have much point. These games are suppossed to the there for teams to iron out any issues regarding their team set-up and plan and skill execution on the field, can't see how teams can really simulate that in a 15 v 15 game.
Completely agree with that - and I share a similar view with regard to 12-a-side two or three day matches.

New Zealand looking good for a total around 300 against Ireland. Promising to see Guptill making a decent score and Ryder and Taylor both making contributions.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good start by Bangladesh dismissing Canada for a dire 112.

Canada is my least favourite minnow, I wish Afghanistan was in the WC instead of them.
Yeah, agreed. Tamim giving them a hammering now - 54 off 36, 5 fours 2 sixes. Bangladesh 81/0 off 12.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
A ton for Guptill and Franklin continuing from where he left India a few months ago with a solid 49. Be interesting to see how we bowl to the Irish on this pitch.

Mike5181

International Captain
A ton for Guptill and Franklin continuing from where he left India a few months ago with a solid 49. Be interesting to see how we bowl to the Irish on this pitch.
Really all we need is Brendon McCullum and Ross Taylor to find some better form. Guptill, Ryder, Franklin, Styris and N McCullum are all in pretty good touch atm.

I think Bennett will enjoy bowling to the Irish tbh.