• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Thread

Choora

State Regular
chris.hinton said:
English cricket has to change we just cannot go on like this, we lost 11 in a row to the Aussies and that has to stop.

CHANGES ARE NEEDED

I completely agree, something must be done before its too late

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Irani needs to either a) be replaced by a leg spinner or b) learn to bowl leg spin for the World Cup.
If Irani bowled leg spin in the second final it would:

1. Improve his bowling figures
2. He'd probably be the best leg spinner in England.

:D :D :D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
All I saw was a group of very tired players showing how tired they were. If I had to play as much as they do I would probably get very tired and very bored with Cricket.

maybe they should have rotated abit like the aussie team

TOP notch performance by the Ausies last night, brilliant bowling from Lee, Williamsd and Bichel and Brilliant batting from gilly and hayden, whatch out world cup :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
maybe they should have rotated abit like the aussie team
Unfortunately we don't have the depth at the moment to do that - the back-ups at the moment are of the calibre of Kabir Ali - although if White and Flintoff make the WC, they won't be tired!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you did persist with harmison for a while though

Hoggard and Hollioke both playe few or no games, they are both good

Bazza

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
I did?

Are you sure you're not just seeing double?
No I'm sure you (or someone) deleted the second (or first) post, seeing as they said exactly the same thing.

Bazza

International 12th Man
age_master said:
you did persist with harmison for a while though

Hoggard and Hollioke both playe few or no games, they are both good
Yes and now Hoggard is in the side. Hollioake isn't even in the world cup squad, so playing him would be a waste shirley?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
No I'm sure you (or someone) deleted the second (or first) post, seeing as they said exactly the same thing.
I can confirm that Marc did post twice, so your not mad Bazz!!! :lol: Well maybe you are ;) but not because of this :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
It's a conspiracy I tell you. They're out to get me. They're all out to get me. :alien384: :ticking:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, who cares?

In honour of the Tournament I bought a 6-pack of VB tonight - got to drink it all now before the thing ends!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ouch this really is bad news for us Beven will probably miss the world cup and Shane Watson deffinatly will and maybe even miss more than that.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well what an amazing match England should have won but Brett Lee bowled an amazing last spell at the death 3 wickets for 3
runs with some of the most leathal yorkers you will see.

Also a very good innings from Brad Hogg he is proving to be really usefull.

I must say though England played very well and must be congratulated for there efforts they had the match in controll most of the way but Australia showed how good they are in pressure situations.

Brett Lee won man of the match for his 5-30 of 9.3 And man of the series for 18 wickets at 18.8.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now, why can't he bowl like that in Tests? ;)

We'll beat you in the end. Preferably in SA...

Last edited:

Bazza

International 12th Man
Eclipse said:
I must say though England played very well and must be congratulated for there efforts they had the match in controll most of the way but Australia showed how good they are in pressure situations.
Thanks Eclipse. Looks like it was an exciting match - a fitting if slightly predictable finish to the series, just wish I could have seen it! Now everyone's focus switches to the big one.

I just hope England show a bit more bottle and that tough mental attitude Australia always display - nerves of steel and all that. We can't afford to throw away matches we are in control of at the world cup, or have any of those cursed batting collapses! :!(

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well that was an excellent match though the english players could well be startong to think along the lines of "no matter how close we get they always seem to be able to find more and take the game" Lee Bowled brilliantly last night, especially in his last spell, and was unlucky not to get 6 wickets, anderson didn't really have much idea at all

i loved the way each time Australia got a wicket the camera flicked over and showed the reaction of the english team, and the way nasser's face changed with the fall of each wicket, esp when stewart and flintoff were out :lol: :lol: :lol:

i also thought vaughan was a little unlucky not to get his highest ODI score