• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
Lol. What a joke, one bad performance by the batting team on a wicket they haven't played on in 4 years, and suddenly they are rubbish?

These posts are becoming the same as the ones that were at the start of the test and VB series topic. Remember those? Remember how stupid you looked?
I'm sorry - are you talking to me?
I was rebutting the statement made by Shankar that the Indians were 'playing their shots without restraint', which in Sunday's game was patently untrue.......that is all.

I don't remember either 'looking' stupid, or talking to you at any stage., so do your yourself a favour, either add something worthwile or butt the **** out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I meant in general with thise whole concensus that the batting team has been exposed, not directly at you. Watch your language, there was no need for that. Then again maybe I shouldn't expect too much from one like yourself.

shankar

International Debutant
Kenny said:
Rubbish!!
Tendulkar, Laxman and Ganguly were all out to tentative pushes at the ball, not 'playing shots without restraint'!!

Laxman in particular didn't want to get behind the line of the ball, and I could include Dravid, who scored, what, 8 off 38 balls or so?

"Playing shots without restraint' indeed!! :rolleyes:
I didnt say that they got out when they played their shots.They were in a shot making frame of mind.So they played at balls outside off-stump which they wouldnt have if they were playing a test match.
Tendulkar,dravid and laxman all got out in a manner (brought about by the one-day frame-of-mind they were in) in which they wouldnt have played had they been playing in a testmatch.So one cant judge how they'd have played had there been a testmatch here.This was my point.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
These arrogant aussies have started again. :lol: :lol:

Dont worry they would again be proved wrong as they have always been for quite a few months now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thelwell said:
Clarke just needs experience to gain abit of maturity then i'm sure he will blossom.
Which he should be gaining with N.S.W. not getting shuffled up and down the batting order for Australia in ODIs.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
And how often have India won away from home in the last decade? Not many, I would think!

And for those ppl blasting Gillepsie for his bowling performance at the WACA, I would say it would have been a tremendous amount of luck for Sehwag to nick the ones he did through the gaps to the boundary.....thats where alot of his runs came from...it is a wonder that Sehwag bats as longs as he does.....must have a four leaf clover of whatever the indian equivalent is!

ReallyCrazy

Banned
That bowling spell by Brett Lee was one of the best I have seen anyone bowl for a long time. The last time was Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. Any team would have struggled the way he was bowling. Yes, there was help from the wicket but it takes nothing away from a great bowling performance especially after being smashed for 1/83 previously.

But I do think this was an aberration. The Indians never collapsed the whole tour. Even if they lost early wickets someone always stepped up and in the end they always posted a big score.

Even in the 3 ODIS matches played previously between the two teams, India looked better. They were in control of the 1st match. They still had half their side and 30 runs to get. And somehow managed to lose it.

And the match at SCG where they lost...I really think they'd have won if it wasn't for the rain. Australia has a problem w/ keeping their wickets intact.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
I know it was insane.

It's hard to imagine that over 50% of his delivery's beat the bat and almost all of them were with the batsman in deffence.
Yet some people still don't rate him as a bowler...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
rajat said:

Dont worry they would again be proved wrong as they have always been for quite a few months now.

Oh, they're clearly being proved wrong here - 3 wins out of 4 is it?

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
I meant in general with thise whole concensus that the batting team has been exposed, not directly at you. Watch your language, there was no need for that. Then again maybe I shouldn't expect too much from one like yourself.
What, you think you know me now?
Don't insinuate that people are stupid and you won't get such a response, slick.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
rajat said:

Arrogant?? I tell you, when India went 1 - 0 up in the tests, you Indians showed us what arrogance really was - quite a few of us were gracious in defeat, yet had it rubbed in our noses.......one can only imagine what you would have been like had India won the series.......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kenny said:
It really ****es me off that the very first time we play India on a fast bouncy pitch, we see their much vaunted top 5 batsman stuggle, look indecisive and tentative, and suddenly begin playing away from their body.
It really ****es me more that Even agarkar scored more than Hayden, who couldn't complete six balls before he was out for DUCK.

The flat track twins, Laxman and Dravid, were exposed, with Laxman not particularly interested in getting behind the line of the ball and Dravid looking sound enough but unable to score runs!
Laxman and Dravid were better than the so called Fast-track Twins called 'Hayden-Martyn' who scored 0 & 2. :lol: that too against pathetic Indian bowling. We were at least up against the best Bowling attack in the world.

Ganguly even found it necessary to demote himself in the order, with the speedo showing Lee up around 155kmh - coincidence?
At least he came onto the gound unlike Mr. Ponting who sat out like a COWARD fearing the pedestraian Indian bowlers. :lol: Kudos to Ganguly for not running away like Mr. Ponting.

The pitches in Sydney and Adelaide, even Brisbane were slow and devoid of any life - more suited to the Indians than us, and certainly contibuted much to India's positive result of a 1-1 draw.
Excuses, Excuses - You are talking as if Australian players are nothing without the Pitch and thay could win only if Cricket Australia had prepared fast pitches for Indians. Tsk Tsk. Are your players really that pathetic that you can't give them the credit for their wins ??

The only pitch that had a little bit of life in it, Melbourne, resulted in an Aussie win.
The only reason they won at MCG was because they had tampered with the PITCH so that their beloved captain could avoid going out as a LOSER. :lol:

Cricket Australia, and to a lesser extent the curators of the aforementioned grounds, have a lot to answer for.
Indeed - Let's investigate the MCG pitch-repair incident.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kenny said:
Arrogant?? I tell you, when India went 1 - 0 up in the tests, you Indians showed us what arrogance really was - quite a few of us were gracious in defeat, yet had it rubbed in our noses.......one can only imagine what you would have been like had India won the series.......
Gracious as in - blaming Cricket Australia for not preparing the fast pitch. :lol: and not giving any credit to Indian players. REally very gracious.

We did retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, Didn't we ? We have beaten you 3 times in a row at home, We came to australia and defended our title. :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
At least he came onto the gound unlike Mr. Ponting who sat out like a COWARD fearing the pedestraian Indian bowlers. :lol: Kudos to Ganguly for not running away like Mr. Ponting.
So Ponting had a rest, I note that the likes of SRT and Sehwag also have, but they;re not accused of running away...

Sanz said:
The only reason they won at MCG was because they had tampered with the PITCH so that their beloved captain could avoid going out as a LOSER. :lol:

Indeed - Let's investigate the MCG pitch-repair incident.
And if you seriously believe that, you think that the INdian attack could dismiss Aus for under 95...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So Ponting had a rest, I note that the likes of SRT and Sehwag also have, but they;re not accused of running away...
Well, You have to ask those who accused Ganguly of demoting himself for fear of LEE. :P

And if you seriously believe that, you think that the INdian attack could dismiss Aus for under 95...
Why not ? India did bowl Australia out for 83 at MCG in 1981 with an injured Kapildev, Didn't they ??

PY

International Coach
Sanz said:
That is a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

In the last 10 Tests, he averages 73.20 against India after scoring 1098 runs including 4 centuries and 3 fifties. I repeat, in the last 10 Tests.

In the last 10 ODI, he averages 58.85 against India after scoring 412 runs including 2 centuries. Again, I repeat, in the last 10 ODI

He has about as much as much to be scared of as I have of a big purple crow knocking on my door and eating me. :bird: :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sanz said:
Why not ? India did bowl Australia out for 83 at MCG in 1981 with an injured Kapildev, Didn't they ??
And England bowled Australia out at Edgbaston in 1883 for 36.

The date is probably wrong...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kenny said:
It really ****es me off that the very first time we play India on a fast bouncy pitch, we see their much vaunted top 5 batsman stuggle, look indecisive and tentative, and suddenly begin playing away from their body.
The flat track twins, Laxman and Dravid, were exposed, with Laxman not particularly interested in getting behind the line of the ball and Dravid looking sound enough but unable to score runs!
Ganguly even found it necessary to demote himself in the order, with the speedo showing Lee up around 155kmh - coincidence?
Maybe, but Lee was in his 8th over at the time.....Sourav was maybe hoping he'd finish his spell before he had to emerge?

The pitches in Sydney and Adelaide, even Brisbane were slow and devoid of any life - more suited to the Indians than us, and certainly contibuted much to India's positive result of a 1-1 draw.

The only pitch that had a little bit of life in it, Melbourne, resulted in an Aussie win.

Cricket Australia, and to a lesser extent the curators of the aforementioned grounds, have a lot to answer for.

Ok so India are vulnerable on pitches with extreme pace and bounce like Perth.

What's the beef ? Every time has an Achilles heel. Australia would be just as vulnerable on a spinner's equivalent of Perth e.g Galle or Ferzoeshahkotla in New Delhi.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
That is a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

In the last 10 Tests, he averages 73.20 against India after scoring 1098 runs including 4 centuries and 3 fifties. I repeat, in the last 10 Tests.

In the last 10 ODI, he averages 58.85 against India after scoring 412 runs including 2 centuries. Again, I repeat, in the last 10 ODI

He has about as much as much to be scared of as I have of a big purple crow knocking on my door and eating me. :bird: :D
Good Job - Now go and tell your friend (Who accused Gangs of Chickening out) the no. of times Sourav Ganguly has promoted/demoted himself in this tour depending on his team's needs.

While you are at it - Please tell him how many times that Chicken (ponting) came out to bat at no.3 during his 3 test tours of India.:lol: