• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
If the technology is to be used it cannot produce inconclusive results on a decision that is matter of opinion.
I don't understand that sentence sorry. Could you rephrase it or explain it please?

chaminda_00 said:
You ever heard of a guy called Younis Khan, he had a pretty good series aganist Australia and his overall record isn't that bad at number three.
One swallow doesn't make a summer!

Since how long has Younis Khan been batting at one down slot? Not long enough to say that the problem is solved, right?

And if he did so well then why wasn't he retained in the oneday team to bat at onedown slot????

Again if Younis was doing well, then you have to admit that something is wrong with Inzi, which has been my point throughout!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
I don't understand that sentence sorry. Could you rephrase it or explain it please?
I believe what he means is that if technology is to be implemented it must first be improved to the point where it no longer produces inconclusive results on decisions which are effectively a matter of opinion and not of fact. An example of a decision that is a matter of opinion is an lbw call, as opposed to a run out or a no-ball which is a matter of fact.

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
That's exactly what I meant.
I don't think the technology needs to be improved much at all really. Every game there are examples of the umpire being proved wrong by the cameras a few seconds after he's made a decision. I can't understand why anyone, whether they be players, umpires or spectators, would not want to use the technology that is already in place to avoid wrongful dismals or contentious decisions. There will always be instances where even the technology proves inconclusive no matter how advanced the technology is. In that case give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
I believe what he means is that if technology is to be implemented it must first be improved to the point where it no longer produces inconclusive results on decisions which are effectively a matter of opinion and not of fact. An example of a decision that is a matter of opinion is an lbw call, as opposed to a run out or a no-ball which is a matter of fact.
lol, how is there to be an inconclusive result over an LBW call?

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
And have then wasted a couple of minutes...

If the technology is to be used it cannot produce inconclusive results on a decision that is matter of opinion.
yet you would rather not have the patience to wait a few minutes and have a match changing decision result from a poor one.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Which is still not accurate enough.
even though on the whole they get about 19/20 out of the lbw and caught behind decisions right?
i doubt the best umpires get more than 7/10 decisions right.