• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
age_master said:
was still alot better than figures suggested.
Definitely. He hasn't had a bad series really. I still rate Kaspa as the better bowler, but Lee has been harshly criticised.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Definitely. He hasn't had a bad series really. I still rate Kaspa as the better bowler, but Lee has been harshly criticised.
I'd say he's had an excellent series. He's bowled very well in 3 of the 4 games so far, and in one of them he was truly magnificent.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I dunno, I kind of like him just playing ODI's. He looks so dangerous there, as opposed to the last time I saw him play a Test match! Whether that be because he's fresher, or is just useless in the longer form of the game, who knows!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Linda said:
I dunno, I kind of like him just playing ODI's. He looks so dangerous there, as opposed to the last time I saw him play a Test match! Whether that be because he's fresher, or is just useless in the longer form of the game, who knows!

I think he could be tried instead of Shane Watson. If it does not work out, then let him play only ODIs. But he should be given a chance in tests, IMHO. I guess with 5 bowlers, Australia's tail might be longer than usual, but I would think it is perhaps worth the risk, seeing how Marto, Gilly, Ponting, Langer and even Clarke are in decent form. Maybe drop Hayden for Katich. And let Lee bat at 7.

Hoggy31

International Captain
In the test matches Lee has a dangerous opening spell but after that i think he gets too tired. That's why he's good in ODI because he can go flat out because he only has to bowl 10 overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
I think he could be tried instead of Shane Watson.
Watson was a one-off selection though.

The prospect of Lee as number 7 batsman would certainly please most opposition attacks.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:

The prospect of Lee as number 7 batsman would certainly please most opposition attacks.
Not to mention Katich opening as opposed to Hayden.. *shudder*

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:

Getting to bowl at the number 7 batsman would be a bonus, not to mention Lee averages 19.7.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Getting to bowl at the number 7 batsman would be a bonus, not to mention Lee averages 19.7.
I still don't think it's a great idea. Lee will have to wait until someone retires, gets injured or loses form, basically. McGrath won't be around forever, after all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:

Oh wow, a whole 19.7 - that's worse than someone like Giles - and nobody would put him at 7.

Scallywag

Banned
marc71178 said:
Oh wow, a whole 19.7 - that's worse than someone like Giles - and nobody would put him at 7.
Like I said marc you need to get five batsmen out before worrying about whos batting at seven.

:D :D :D

Waughney

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Strike-rate is the main thing you take notice of when you're looking at a tail-end batsman.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Because Australia's top order are never dismissed are they? 8-)

Still, it's to be expected that it's the 2 most one-eyed who are making this sort of claim, whilst no-one else does.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia has gotten away with its batting order because of Gilchrists' freakish ability.

Any other no. 7 batsman, and we would have been in serious trouble on countless occasions.