• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under 19 World Cup 2020

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep GAS you are right about 2 with Shield experience but I think its worth pointing out Harveys BBL exposure last season.

I thought he looked good but didnt set the world on fire. From memory he fielded well.

Im keen to watch Sangha and Fanning.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I have high hopes for Freak Jr Harvey to have a big tournament, he's been around a while now for someone still so young, probably a touch unlucky not to play the last U19 World Cup. He was alright in the BBL, a touch inconsistent but the experience should aguer well for him going forward.

Speaking of the BBL, I saw Sangha got a Thunder contract. From what I've seen he can certainly give the ball a fair rip

SeamUp

International Coach
I know Charlesworth, Haynes , Evison and Qadri have played some county cricket.

Following Notts for a while and the disappointment of the academy for such a big county, they have spoken about Evison for a long time.

England squad in full: George Balderson (Lancashire - captain), Kasey Aldridge (Somerset), Ben Charlesworth (Gloucestershire), Tom Clark (Sussex), Jordan Cox (Kent), Blake Cullen (Middlesex), Scott Currie (Hampshire), Harry Duke (Yorkshire), Joey Evison (Nottinghamshire), Lewis Goldsworthy (Somerset), Jack Haynes (Worcestershire), George Hill (Yorkshire), Dan Mousley (Warwickshire), Hamidullah Qadri (Kent), Sam Young (Somerset)

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Bird still trying to find his feet after his rugby injury and Parsons recovering from injury. The 2 players this SA u19 team has been massively reliant on with the bat.

Batsmen of Coke Week, Luke Beaufort, has had an ok u19 career but he looks to be in good nick & a leader and confident with his game getting to 50. He looks to be one to watch.

Jack Lees and Merrick Brett look like 2 really good late additions to the squad though. Someone like Tiaan van Vuuren has disappointed. Obviously the other batsmen that have been used in this cycle too.

Imagine Cloete and Brett will provide good quick bowling support to the star Coetzee.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I quite liked my first impression of Merrick Brett as well.

If India is just getting onto the precipice of turning this tourney into the U17 Basketball World Cup, can we please split them into a North, South, East and West of India? I know PM Narendra Modi would probably prefer unity, but the sponsors might like the idea of 60 talented Indian kids being at each tournament, rather than just 15.

Pretty gutsy effort from the Aussies in 2014 there.

SeamUp

International Coach
Now when Bird gets going , Beaufort can't support. But he did get a very good googly from another impressive young wrist-spinner for India in Bishnoi

SeamUp

International Coach
Horrendous from the u19 again.
Massively poor. Thinking about doing an article on this for a website I've just been asked to write for. Certain issues need to be aired out there. 6 years of dismal results makes you wonder why there hasn't been more questions asked. Ray Jennings set up a successful way of doing things that made us dominant team at this level and his last game in charge left us as world champions.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Massively poor. Thinking about doing an article on this for a website I've just been asked to write for. Certain issues need to be aired out there. 6 years of dismal results makes you wonder why there hasn't been more questions asked. Ray Jennings set up a successful way of doing things that made us dominant team at this level and his last game in charge left us as world champions.
Like the senior team, its not until things come to a head. And brought to light that things will be done. Public don't really know , so the administrations continues without impediment. Definitely do an article and hopefully it get broad attention.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
SA and India are at Chatsworth today. Surprising that Cricket South Africa haven't yet gone down the NZC and West Indies' route of laying on commentary and higher production values whenever India U19 or India A are in town, with an eye to those sweet view counts.

https://www.pitchvision.com/#/pvm/118308

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Whatever muppet at CA is responsible for not organising any actual proper games for Australia before the tournament needs to be taken to a dark room and beaten

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Dylan Grant sends the first wrecking ball into that Fergus Lellman 87.5 average. Mariu stood on his stumps.

Flem274*

123/5
isn't half our team a bunch of absolute spuds who got slaughtered at our own nationals?

who selects these teams honestly

SeamUp

International Coach
SA and India are at Chatsworth today. Surprising that Cricket South Africa haven't yet gone down the NZC and West Indies' route of laying on commentary and higher production values whenever India U19 or India A are in town, with an eye to those sweet view counts.

https://www.pitchvision.com/#/pvm/118308

Interesting they backed Jono Bird's chinamen in the power-play. Was really intrigued too see so many wrist spinners at our recent u19 Nationals too. The final between EP and WP had 4 (2 each).

jcas0167

International Debutant
Oh it's the little fish who are getting this U19 Quad Series' first run around on the big ground with live video from Kingsmead. NZ vs. Zim.

https://www.pitchvision.com/#/pvm/118305

Thanks for sharing this. Just tuned in with NZ 7 down for about 150 with 12 overs to go. Dickson then Lidstone both holed out off the spinners leaving the final pair to knock it around and try salvage some respectability. Lidstone at least was on 56 when he departed. The non-selection of the Wellington opener who scored 4 tons in the tournament before Christmas might have been a mistake.