• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because it's unnecessary and does nothing to affect the sim? True. Here's an idea Marc: let's give up the idea of captains, and team members at that. Neither classifications affect the sim in any way.
Without captains and team members, there's no teams and thus no sim at all.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
marc71178 said:
And without coaches the sporting teams would suck a great deal.
Your initial point was ********, get over it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Travis_Teh said:
And without coaches the sporting teams would suck a great deal.
Your initial point was ********, get over it.
So the whole previous time has been useless has it, when there was no coach?

Nope, didn't think so.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On day 1 of the camp -

There was light net session conducted. The idea was for every one to get the feel without rushing things.

A snorter from Nathan Hoy floorer Cloete as the ball hit him sharply on the head. Thankfully it wasn't serious. The x-ray reports cleared Cloete and every one was relieved.

I was impressed with youngsters Mamesh and Halsey. Halsey was particularly sharp.

Kearsely had a nice solid outing as well.

The enthusiasm the team showed in general was a very positive sign and augurs well for the future.

DeSilva and Butler were a bit scratchy but nothing to worry about yet IMO, specially as its very early and there is enough time to get to good nick.

The fitness tests were satisfactory. The results will be sent to the rooms of players after dinner.

Looking forward to tomorrow's match..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Why are captains needed to have a team? Why is player interactivity needed to have a simulation? WCC doesn't have player interactivity. What does a captain do anyway?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fitness results -

Players with 13 and above (fantastic fitness levels) -

Butler - 13.07
Mamesh - 13.05
Markus - 13.02
Rose - 13.01

Players with good fitness levels - between 11 and 12.11 -

Hoy - 12.10
Chaulk - 12.10
Thompson - 12.09
Halsey - 12.05
Camps - 12.05
Kennett - 12.10
Wright - 12.09
Kearsely - 11.08
Pickup - 11.07
Goff - 11.07

Players with acceptable fitness levels but bordering on trouble (a fitness level below 10 would mean in the unfit category)

Hakon - 10.10
Patrick - 10.10
Cloete - 10.09
Cunningham - 10.03
DeSilva - 10.03
Robbins - 10.01

Nothing to get disappointed. It shows where we stand. It is an area in which we arent poor in the sense that we do not have unfit players. But we are not excellent either. I hope we can get more players in the 13 category in the future..

Cheers.

Note - To avoid confusion - I did not put Marc as the one with the lowest level of fitness. It was sent to me by Liam and was done by an unbias software/generation thingy he used.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just like to say, I like the coach and the training camp idea, it gives a good structure to the tours, and generally makes things more enjoyable.

cbuts

International Debutant
hmmm great result there - i just wish i could do that in real life. it would save me alot wof work coming into the rugby season!!!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, Pratyush, you do realise that each level can go past .10? And that a 13 isn't that remarkably fit, especially for pacemen?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Attn: Marc Robbins

Simple questions:
1. Do you intend to co-operate within reason with coach Agarwal in this camp and on tour?
2. Do you intend to show coach Agarwal a decent measure of respect during his tenure?

Note that I didn't ask whether you respect him or not. The fact is that he is the coach of the team and for that alone deserves to be shown more respect than you've been willing to give him thus far.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Hmm, Pratyush, you do realise that each level can go past .10? And that a 13 isn't that remarkably fit, especially for pacemen?
Only level, I think 11 and above go past .10. The starting speed is 8km/h, and with each level, the speed goes up by 0.5km/h meaning at 10.0 the speed is 13km/h. Each level also lasts for 1 minute each, so the speed of the running determines how many intervals in a level. So, if someone wants to do the maths, tell us at what level do the intervals begin to go over .10

And I think for cricketers, a 13 is pretty darn good. Particularly as the lactic acid energy system and to a lesser extent the aerobic energy system is used primarily for the beep test, whereas in actual cricket, the creatine phosphate energy system is the main energy system before the lactic acid system.

I did hear that Michael Bevan used to run the beep test out. Don't know if thats true though.