• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I heard he had an intense beat-off session the night before. But for his sake, let's just say he did it in full keeping gear.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
ash chaulk said:
lol in real life ive gone 15's b4 i guess being crouched behind stumps al day has reduced speed
Ahhhh me = 14.10!!!

Why are your results always just a little better than mine! lol!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Camp Day 1 gets underway

Right.. I hope every one enjoys breakfast. The schedule for today as already mentioned is -

10 AM - 2 PM Nets
3-7 PM - Fitness drills, Tests

I hope every one has a good breakfast and a great day.

I also take the opportunity to announce the squads for tomorrow's OD match. They are as follows -

*Brendon Goff XI*
T Mamesh
AP Chaulk (wk)
BJ Goff (c)
DA Kearsley
CP Thompson
BC Cunningham
GKK Dobson
NS Hoy
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KS Wright

*Neil Pickup XI*
I Markus
AP Cloete
MW DeSilva
CR Butler
MJ Robbins
H Moerk (wk)
LA Camps
DS Singh - available rookie
DM Kennett
NL Patrick
NS Pickup (c)

Best of luck for the fitness tests today as well..

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So this bleep test will be really handy to find out if we can take quick 50s off pushes to the off side...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Maybe you can suggest some thing next time to add to every thing rather than just being critical. I had notified regarding beep tests before the camp started and have always been willing to listen to feedback.

It is too late to tamper too much with the schedule of the camp.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because it's unnecessary and does nothing to affect the sim? True. Here's an idea Marc: let's give up the idea of captains, and team members at that. Neither classifications affect the sim in any way. Player X commenting on how thrilled he is at his performance for Durham does nothing to affect the sim, it only enhances the experience. Unnecessary really. Let's just make the CW XI an entirely simulated procedure by stripping away all human interaction and general interaction of any sort. That would make it oodles more fun!

Just chill. The point of the CW XI is that it's interactive. A coach adds to the interactivity of it all. Essentially it's all meant to be fun, but you just can't seem to allow it to be. Lovely.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because it's unnecessary and does nothing to affect the sim? True. Here's an idea Marc: let's give up the idea of captains, and team members at that. Neither classifications affect the sim in any way. Player X commenting on how thrilled he is at his performance for Durham does nothing to affect the sim, it only enhances the experience. Unnecessary really. Let's just make the CW XI an entirely simulated procedure by stripping away all human interaction and general interaction of any sort. That would make it oodles more fun!

Just chill. The point of the CW XI is that it's interactive. A coach adds to the interactivity of it all. Essentially it's all meant to be fun, but you just can't seem to allow it to be. Lovely.
Finally, someone makes a sensible post :p :p

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Pratyush said:
Camp Day 1 gets underway

Right.. I hope every one enjoys breakfast.
Nope their was only seven weet bix left when i got there :@

Looking forward to getting onto the field and playing cricket, hopefully i can get into double figures in the OD warm up match.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I used to have, like, 8-12 every morning. When those ads came on I was all "haha, I'm cooler than those guys". :cool: