• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
Are you playing grade cricket in Canberra this season? If yes which club? (if you don't mind me asking:huh:)
naa working weekends, after xmas though id say ill be playing for Eastlake, probably 2nds or 3rds...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
For those going to the NSW match, where are you sitting? I'm trying to work out if the public are allowed into the members area like Pura Cup matches, or the tickets are actually in the general public area.

archie mac

International Coach
broncoman said:
naa working weekends, after xmas though id say ill be playing for Eastlake, probably 2nds or 3rds...
Okay, we were to play them on the w/e washed out :@

I am captain of the 5ths this year, just holding on in grade before C & S:D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
For those going to the NSW match, where are you sitting? I'm trying to work out if the public are allowed into the members area like Pura Cup matches, or the tickets are actually in the general public area.

i would imagine it will be the ladies, members and noble stands open.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
NSW squad to play England, looks like the big guns are comming to play:

Simon Katich (c)
Nathan Bracken
Beau Casson
Stuart Clark
Michael Clarke
Ed Cowan
Brad Haddin
Nathan Hauritz
Moises Henriques
Phil Jaques
Jason Krejza
Brett Lee
Stuart MacGill
Glenn McGrath
Dominic Thornely

Probably the only time ever you will see a NSW side close to full strength, so i might try and get down a couple days.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I see Sky have got the coverage for the opening tour game against the Prime Minister’s XI. Coverage starts at 10.55pm (Thursday). First time to my knowledge that Sky has shown an England warm up game abroad.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
the sky tv guide only shows about 1hr 30 mins live coverage at 6 in the morning, could you post where youve seen this ? id like to know when its on and what channel before i decide to stay up all night..
thx

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
ok ive found it on the sky site, so are they gonna do the other tour games aswell? Seems a bit of a late decision to put this on the air as i checked a few days ago and it wasnt listed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
albo97056 said:
ok ive found it on the sky site, so are they gonna do the other tour games aswell? Seems a bit of a late decision to put this on the air as i checked a few days ago and it wasnt listed.
I'd say that's because it was a late decision by Fox Sports to telecast the game. I'd say Sky are taking Fox Sports' feed of the game and providing their own commentary.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
albo97056 said:
Don't know about that but there site isn't fully updated as yet. The South Africa vs. India series has not even been added yet and that kicks of in less than two weeks and I believe we are getting New Zealand Sri Lanka as well this year. Doubtlessly the games will be added closer to the time but usually Sky are a bit better than this.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
NSW squad to play England, looks like the big guns are comming to play:

Simon Katich (c)
Nathan Bracken
Beau Casson
Stuart Clark
Michael Clarke
Ed Cowan
Brad Haddin
Nathan Hauritz
Moises Henriques
Phil Jaques
Jason Krejza
Brett Lee
Stuart MacGill
Glenn McGrath
Dominic Thornely

Probably the only time ever you will see a NSW side close to full strength, so i might try and get down a couple days.
Australia always look to do this in an Ashes series, you would never see NSW or any other state at full strenght for any other touring side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
NSW team might look like this, then?

Phil Jaques
Simon Katich (c)
Ed Cowan
Dominic Thornely
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath
Stuart MacGill

I can't see how they can leave any of those 5 bowlers out, as they are all test contenders, which means that Henriques, Hauritz, Casson and Krezja won't play.

andyc

FaaipDeOiad said:

Phil Jaques
Simon Katich (c)
Ed Cowan
Dominic Thornely
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath
Stuart MacGill

I can't see how they can leave any of those 5 bowlers out, as they are all test contenders, which means that Henriques, Hauritz, Casson and Krezja won't play.
*salivates*

NSW had better bowl first, I'm only going on Day 1. Pity about Henriques though, would've liked to see him have a go, but as you said you couldn't really leave out any of those 5.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:

Phil Jaques
Simon Katich (c)
Ed Cowan
Dominic Thornely
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath
Stuart MacGill

Aren't they playing the full squad f 14 or 15 players?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I thought it was 14/15-a-side, but the BBC have put up a likely eleven in their article about Giles being set to play, and on Cricinfo there is no real attempt to show that it's a 15-a-side game either.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
I thought it was 14/15-a-side, but the BBC have put up a likely eleven in their article about Giles being set to play, and on Cricinfo there is no real attempt to show that it's a 15-a-side game either.
That’s for tonight’s game against the Prime Minister’s XI…

The above forum members are talking about the game against New South Wales on Sunday.