• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson bowled brilliantly today, can't believe what I'm reading.
Just because he didn't bowl as well as the last 2 tests and didn't get any wickets today doesn't mean he bowled badly. Was a threat all day and England had to play well to keep him out, bet he gets 3 or 4 tail end wickets tomorrow though. Guess the troll will say he bowled well then.:wacko:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he's always been dire.

You can just tell with umpires, whether they have a presence. The good ones do.

Although Erasmus got the decision wrong (I would have given it to, there was a noise and the bat was away from pad) I think he has a certain presence about him and he invariably makes good decisions.

Hill is just goat ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was it the Pakistan-SL in the UAE series last year or the year before where he just made howler after howler after howler?

Riggins

International Captain
Thread cliffs?

Disgraceful decision by the third umpire re: Root btw, just wasn't out, the mark on snicko was after the ball was past the bat.

Who's the third umpire?
I agree with it not being out, but apparently the real time snicko produces the signals just after the ball passing, not in sync.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It was how small and wide the mark on Snicko was that did it for me. Spark said TMS had to turn up the sound on their snicko to any movement (have I got that right?) which says it all really.

Spark

Global Moderator
TMS were saying that apparently that's what the snicko technicians do to make nicks show up in general

TNT

Banned
England were told before the match that snicko can be out of sinc with the video and that the ball will have passed the bat by the time snicko records the sound. That would have been the time to register concerns about it not after.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Apologies about the late update for those playing at home, but Siddle has cracked into the top 75 wicket takers in the history of Test Cricket, with his 175th wicket.

I'm more than comfortable calling him a Test great now.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
Apologies about the late update for those playing at home, but Siddle has cracked into the top 75 wicket takers in the history of Test Cricket, with his 175th wicket.

I'm more than comfortable calling him a Test great now.
Depends on where you draw the line doesn't it. I think batsmen set the bar for bowlers. I have seen much worse than Siddle bowl for us but also I have seen better. Thung is I never get the feeling a wicket is just around the corner with Siddle and when he does knock a batsman over it comes as a massive surprise most times. With Lillee, Warne and McGrath you didn't just feel as if a wicket was coming... you knew it was coming. I think he is in the Merv Hughes and Craig McDermott level. I do know this about him, he always gives %100.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
What in hell is wrong with Mitch Johnson now ?.. he suddenly looks as if getting a wicket some kind of miracle. his returns today were just awful.