• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Jacknife

International Captain
It would be great to win this next test and make sure we retain and not leave it to last 2 tests.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, they're relying on able to skittle us on a road atm and hoping their batsmen can stick it out and make a decent total. A bit like the first half of Brisbane.
I don't fancy their chances much on a lively deck, will improve our bowlers by a lot more than it'd inhibit our batsmen I think.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If they spice the pitches up then they're arguably in bigger trouble though.
Yes, they probably are. But if they need a result then there's no way they'll prepare a road, so saying we only need five batsmen because the first two matches had flat pitches doesn't work for me.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes, they probably are. But if they need a result then there's no way they'll prepare a road, so saying we only need five batsmen because the first two matches had flat pitches doesn't work for me.
No not for me either and it also might jump up and bit you on your ass. They'll stick to what has brought them success and play the game as if Australia are going to come out all guns blazing.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
So Warne says we should pick Michael Beer to replace Doherty and apparantly Harris is out injured? Read he had to fly to Melbourne to have tests done on his chest as they think he's damaged a muslce?

howardj

International Coach
Johnson Ordered To Rest

The inner sanctum is at it again. Don't play cricket and get your form back. God no. Take a rest, and have no centre wicket practice between getting dropped after Brisbane and being recalled for Perth.

Why do they listen to these geniuses for and their stupid theories? The same group of guys who have presided over us falling from 1st to 5th.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson Ordered To Rest

The inner sanctum is at it again. Don't play cricket and get your form back. God no. Take a rest, and have no centre wicket practice between getting dropped after Brisbane and being recalled for Perth.

Why do they listen to these geniuses for and their stupid theories? The same group of guys who have presided over us falling from 1st to 5th.
At least Kim Hughes said what we're all thinking. A 16yr old would know better

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Johnson Ordered To Rest

Well if it's true Harris is out of the ashes then we'll need to recall him.

Julian87

State Captain
I'm hoping they're considering Clark and I reckon Hilfenhaus is a must at Perth. Thought his Brisbane performance was nowhere near as bad as it was made out.

howardj

International Coach
Can we just have Timmy Nielsen, Andrew Hilditch and whoever else is behind all these decisions, can we just have them leave things alone for the rest of the series. Take some annual leave, leave things alone, and let's just see how we perform. I mean, if they had been successful in their current jobs, I could understand why we would still listen to them. But, frankly, I don't see much success there, and they certainly weren't great cricketers either. What expertise are we relying upon exactly?

At least Hauritz said when he was dropped; "If I was taking wickets I would not have been left out". Then he went back to Shield cricket, took his best ever Shield figures (a five-for in Perth), scored a century and just played some damn cricket. He's now, thanks to playing some cricket, got his confidence back and won some real respect.

Joao

U19 12th Man
Johnson Ordered To Rest

If Johnson plays at the WACA, its game over. England 2-0. This isn't the WACA Ambrose took 7-1 on and even if it was Johnson can't hit the same place twice (on purpose) to expoit it.

He bowls gash for 5+ tests before this series (if you ask me I don't think he was particularly good at any point before that either, **** knows how he got 8 South Africans out in one innings), then bowls more top draw gash at Brisbane and finally gets dropped. Then an underdone Doug and toothless Siddle (1st innings Brisbane aside) bowl some really ordinary stuff at Adelaide and without playing a match Johnson is the go-to-guy to get us back on track??? WTF!!!
That's like pegging your test batting hopes on Afridi. Sure he might score 150 from 90 balls but more than likely he'll be out for <15.
Johnson might bowl a miraculous spell and get 5 blokes out for 2 runs without actually bowling more than 2 good balls but more than likely he will get slapped around for 4 an over and get the occasional leg side keeper catch.

The WACA is a road, like all Australian test pitches. If it's not and there is a bit of spice in it, play Stuart Clark. I know Siddle took 5 at Leeds (it was Leeds wasn't it) but it was the last 5 wickets after Clark had removed the top order. For me, Clark > than all currently eligable test bowlers especially if there is something in the pitch.

And those who lump Hilfenhaus in with Johnson after Brisbane, my hat stays on. I am aware that he never takes bags but he was reasonably effective in India and just bowled a little wide in Brisbane. He didn't bowl innacurate dross for 8 tests in a row and shouldn't be treated as such.

Johnson has to go away, learn how to bowl and produce some results consistantly in FC cricket. He's too old to be picked on potential and the rest of the team too **** to carry him until he suddenly clicks for one innings and rips through teams. We need all hands on deck, every innings, not once every 10.

BOTTOM LINE - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PICK JOHNSON ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE

\Rant - sorry everyone.

That's been building for years.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If Johnson plays at the WACA, its game over. England 2-0. This isn't the WACA Ambrose took 7-1 on and even if it was Johnson can't hit the same place twice (on purpose) to expoit it.

He bowls gash for 5+ tests before this series (if you ask me I don't think he was particularly good at any point before that either, **** knows how he got 8 South Africans out in one innings), then bowls more top draw gash at Brisbane and finally gets dropped. Then an underdone Doug and toothless Siddle (1st innings Brisbane aside) bowl some really ordinary stuff at Adelaide and without playing a match Johnson is the go-to-guy to get us back on track??? WTF!!!
That's like pegging your test batting hopes on Afridi. Sure he might score 150 from 90 balls but more than likely he'll be out for <15.
Johnson might bowl a miraculous spell and get 5 blokes out for 2 runs without actually bowling more than 2 good balls but more than likely he will get slapped around for 4 an over and get the occasional leg side keeper catch.

The WACA is a road, like all Australian test pitches. If it's not and there is a bit of spice in it, play Stuart Clark. I know Siddle took 5 at Leeds (it was Leeds wasn't it) but it was the last 5 wickets after Clark had removed the top order. For me, Clark > than all currently eligable test bowlers especially if there is something in the pitch.

And those who lump Hilfenhaus in with Johnson after Brisbane, my hat stays on. I am aware that he never takes bags but he was reasonably effective in India and just bowled a little wide in Brisbane. He didn't bowl innacurate dross for 8 tests in a row and shouldn't be treated as such.

Johnson has to go away, learn how to bowl and produce some results consistantly in FC cricket. He's too old to be picked on potential and the rest of the team too **** to carry him until he suddenly clicks for one innings and rips through teams. We need all hands on deck, every innings, not once every 10.

BOTTOM LINE - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PICK JOHNSON ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE

\Rant - sorry everyone.

That's been building for years.
Pretty much agree with everything here

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Can we just have Timmy Nielsen, Andrew Hilditch and whoever else is behind all these decisions, can we just have them leave things alone for the rest of the series. Take some annual leave, leave things alone, and let's just see how we perform. I mean, if they had been successful in their current jobs, I could understand why we would still listen to them. But, frankly, I don't see much success there, and they certainly weren't great cricketers either. What expertise are we relying upon exactly?

At least Hauritz said when he was dropped; "If I was taking wickets I would not have been left out". Then he went back to Shield cricket, took his best ever Shield figures (a five-for in Perth), scored a century and just played some damn cricket. He's now, thanks to playing some cricket, got his confidence back and won some real respect.
Indeed. I may not think he's great, but Hauritz deserves to come back in place of Doherty.

If North plays in Perth I'll refuse to post on this site again

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tsk, tsk. Howe_zat now on ignore. That sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated.

Loved Joao's anti-Johnson rant. Fingers crossed that Harris is fit for this test.