• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

hazsa19

International Regular
****ing hell if it weren't for Finn we could be looking at 200 only. 268 suddenly looks respectable with a dodgy 45 minutes to bat.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Haha no. It shows how stupid it is to bowl half trackers on it.
Finn has bowled pretty badly here but there's no life left in the pitch after the initial greenery faded. Batting should be fairly straightforward over the next couple days.

...And about time. Swanny sorts it out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Siddle bettered the combined efforts of the top four FFS.
Reverse the batting order tbh. Siddle and Hilf to knock off the new ball, Johnson to smash em from #3 and a middle order of Haddin, Smith and Hussey looks good.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Super effort by the lower order minus Harris. Australia now need to strike a couple of early blows to get back into this one. But atleast they have a fighting chance.

Jacknife

International Captain
Should have brought him in earlier, would have taken 268 before the start, but that last 10 overs did my head in. But to take the positive out of that ,it shows what a great wicket it is. England need to see the day out any way they can, just put the bad balls away and leave everything they don't have to play.

Spark

Global Moderator
Super effort by the lower order minus Harris. Australia now need to strike a couple of early blows to get back into this one. But atleast they have a fighting chance.
Could be absolutely critical. Not just from a runs point of view but from a team morale point of view. That's our first really extended period of real fight where the crowd has gotten involved in a long time.

_Ed_

Jinx potential from the Cricinfo commentator:
if their fast bowlers can get a few early wickets, who knows what could happen. But good luck getting Cook cheaply.

Burgey

Mixture of both. This is a belter.
It's still doing a bit off the deck I think. Guess we will see with the new ball if it's still there.

268 is less than great but I don't think it's anywhere near as appalling as 245 at Adelaide. And from 4 for 30 odd and 5 for 60 it's decent. Will all depend on the length our fellas bowl.

Which means England should get heaps :ph34r:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, all in all that's a good effort from us.

I remember being chuffed with what we bowled them out for in Perth four years ago though. No chickens counted yet.

91Jmay

International Coach
It's still doing a bit off the deck I think. Guess we will see with the new ball if it's still there.

268 is less than great but I don't think it's anywhere near as appalling as 245 at Adelaide. And from 4 for 30 odd and 5 for 60 it's decent. Will all depend on the kneed our fellas bowl.

Which means England should get heaps :ph34r:
Should do something for this minisession, but within 20 mins tomorrow it will go dead i recon. Aussies need two wickets tonight and one first 30 mins tomorrow. Then we'd have a game.

Ruckus

International Captain
That last session makes me think this pitch is 400 par, which also makes me think England will be 0/300 at the end of the day.

vcs

Should do something for this minisession, but within 20 mins tomorrow it will go dead i recon. Aussies need two wickets tonight and one first 30 mins tomorrow. Then we'd have a game.
AWTA. Australia suffered badly when they couldn't pick up a wicket in the mini-session at the end of day 3 at the Gabba after taking that huge lead. I predicted that England's batsmen would dig in after surviving that.