• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that after Clarke finally tonned up at four, he went back to five in the next innings anyway?

The tactics behind it are fine obviously because this is hardly a normal innings for Australia, but I still find it pretty funny.

Ruckus

International Captain
Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that after Clarke finally tonned up at four, he went back to five in the next innings anyway?

The tactics behind it are fine obviously because this is hardly a normal innings for Australia, but I still find it pretty funny.
said he didn't feel comfortable at all even though he made a big hundred.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
As mentioned.. this needs to be treated as a one day game now.. up the tempo.. make a declaration and give the poms 350 to chase in about 4 sessions.. Aussie bowlers then need to bowl with gutso and anger, line and length and take wickets! - pretty simple, really
It's even simpler for England to draw. Just smash the cherry into the ground for another day. 8-)

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel this match is heading in the direction of the SL-Aus match at Hobart last year, it took till late day 5 to get a result there with not much rain.

ajdude

International Coach
It's just really boring when they strain so hard to make a relevant comments about it though. The fact that both bowl a bit of spin themselves means it's not that unlikely that they could dismiss each other, especially Root dismissing Warner in the ODI's.

What are Cricinfo trying to be, a respectable form of cricket media, or a website that tries to make tabloid relevant things in their headlines?
better than