• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Headingley* 25-29 August

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So rich from Kohli of all people. No awareness of how obnoxious he is on field.
Nah... what happened there was definitely warranted. Its not just Kohli. You saw how animated Rohit, Pujara and Rahane were too. Lets not retroactively make it seem like England did not deserve that the last test. They did.

They have also taken the lessons and come out better prepared here and we have been found wanting, maybe resting on those laurels too much. I had no problem with the players talking about the provoking incident in the immediate aftermath of the test. But after a week, more should have been done planning-wise and getting ready for the game than keep talking about that ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but Australia were at home. All out for double digits on day one of a home test just wasn’t a thing that happened to Australia.
Oh yeah, that's still unmatched for a reason. But even getting to parity, given England's top order woes, makes this a pretty historic Bad Day for India already.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like this series is all about who soils themselves first. Who knew that could be so fun!

flibbertyjibber

5th time England have taken the lead without losing a wicket.

2010 MCG
2005 Lords v Bangladesh Trescothick and Strauss
1912 Hobbs and Rhodes twice in a series against yer crims.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, think you under rate this bunch. I expect us to come back and come back well both in this game and in this series.
I don't disagree. But the sign of that happening will start tomorrow, with a creditable performance. Getting blasted off the park here would be... not great.

Same way that I felt that India was still in the series after 36ao, but it hinged on a good performance Day 1 at Melbourne. The instant response is the most important one.

OverratedSanity

Tomorrow is a legit important day for India. Not for this game, this is obviously donezo, but to make sure they don't collapse mentally for the rest of the series and turn this into 2014 redux.
Atleast it wont be chris jordan running through us by the end I suppose.