• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/51647687

Was never a fan but overachieved career-wise IMO. Never thought she had the raw talent to end up a career Grand Slam winner, and especially 2 French Opens, that was the last tournament I'd have expected her to have won more than once.
yeah she didn't have a lot of natural talent or style but she had grit (except when she faced serena, she usually dissolved into a messy puddle of nerves) and athletic ability in abundance...agreed that she was an overachiever...even one french open was a surprise for her, forget two...:)

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I think she had potential but fell the Kournikova way than the Hingis way. But was always a good player and will be missed.
you are kidding right? that she was more like kournikova than hingis? she was completely unlike either from a character or talent perspective but her results (in singles) are definitely at the same level as hingis (5 majors)...i would say her longevity makes her a greater player than hingis...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had an arrogant, stuck up personality as well. Won't miss her. Great competitor though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Last year I missed the Men’s Wimbledon Final for the first time in decades because it clashed with the Cricket World Cup Final. No such sporting dilemmas this summer.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Federer is now the highest earning sportsman having overtaken Messi due to the latter taking a pay cut because of Covid-19. Strange times we live in.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Federer is now the highest earning sportsman having overtaken Messi due to the latter taking a pay cut because of Covid-19. Strange times we live in.
The Forbes List, must be the most ridiculously over-hyped and pointless list of total conjecture in the World.

Whenever Sharapova was asked about it, she just said, pretty sure I haven't shown them my bank accounts.

Of course Trump used to pay for a hugely expensive meal to the editor each year around the time they were making up the list, and the Kylie Jenner thing has pretty much proven no-one should take it seriously.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The US Open are hoping to play at the end of August behind closed doors and the players can bring one other person with them. That’s really going to happen.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Federer has had knee surgery so will miss the rest of the season if there is one. I think if things had been normal he would have missed the French Open, played Wimbledon and then had the surgery and missed the US Open anyway. He needs another 7 tournament wins to overtake Jimmy Connors.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Federer has had knee surgery so will miss the rest of the season if there is one. I think if things had been normal he would have missed the French Open, played Wimbledon and then had the surgery and missed the US Open anyway. He needs another 7 tournament wins to overtake Jimmy Connors.
he won't get there...also i think next year will be his last one...