• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
AWTA, its the only thing stopping him. Someone needs to give him a slap and wake him up, because there is so much more he could be. He's shown that. IMO, the only player who could stop Federer in full flight.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have predicted all of mine correctly so far today. Need A-Rod & Nieminen to win for a perfect round, although I'm not totally confident of a Nieminen win...

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Dellacqua's just broken Mauresmo in the 3rd, 3-1 up. Could be the upset of the tournament here...

EDIT: ****, broke straight back.

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
Wow. Was so nervous for Match Point. Still can't believe she won. Great job Casey Dellacqua, the whole nation is proud of you.

Bobisback

International Regular
Wow. Was so nervous for Match Point. Still can't believe she won. Great job Casey Dellacqua, the whole nation is proud of you.
I was nervous the point when she won the second set. Thought she was gone when Mauresmo broke in the 3rd. But what a game.

Johnners

Dellaacccccqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyones opinion on the equal prizemoney for men & women? Some may call me chauvinistic, but quite frankly, until the women start playing 5 set matches in grand slams, I don't see why they should be getting equal prizemoney.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Awesome game from Casey Dellacqua. TBH i was on the edge of the seat cheering her on. Glad she got through to the next round.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Kohlschreiber takes the 3rd, is up 2 sets to 1. Going to be one hell of a match. Can see it being another one of those games where the 5th ends at 23-21 or something insane like that.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Roddick is looking in trouble IMO. How many times has he played that drop shot.. !

I hope he gets through but Kohls is looking really good. Really have been spoiled with the tennis in the last 2 nights.

Son Of Coco

Dellaacccccqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyones opinion on the equal prizemoney for men & women? Some may call me chauvinistic, but quite frankly, until the women start playing 5 set matches in grand slams, I don't see why they should be getting equal prizemoney.
I agree...although I suppose if you're looking at pulling power then they are probably roughly equal.