• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me. 3 Aces when serving for the match in the 5th set against Nadal.

Nadal goneskis.

Anyone with pre match odds on that?

Murray to make the final.

Wow.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the most impressive games serving for the match you will ever see. Nadal would've loved to have got as many balls back to put pressure on him, but he never gave him a chance.

benchmark00

Bit of class by Nadal to stay out and sign autographs. I don't really like the bloke that much, but that's quality. Gone up a notch in my book.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, first time he's ever gone out at this stage so almost understandable if we wanted to get off court ASAP. Credit to him though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Such a huge huge result. Rosol's game didn't drop off all match. Even in that 4th set he was going full tilt and Nadal was just getting them back.

Draw has opened up for Murray/Del Potro/Tsonga now.

Burgey

Just shows these muppets comparing Nadal to Federer are kidding themselves. Joke.

Not as big a joke as Australian men's tennis mind you.

benchmark00

Nah that's ridiculous.

No other workplace in the world would two people get equal money when one does less work AND pulls in less money for the company.

More people may watch Sharapova than Simon, but that's because Sharapova is better in comparison, which means she's more likely to progress further into tournaments because she's playing weaker opponents. Winning a female slam should be worth more than the prize money afforded to finishing in the 3rd round in the mens. But how many people consistently watch the players in the females game who get knocked out in the 3rd or so round? Ridiculous argument.

If Gilles Simon plays Nadal in a final, I'm pretty sure more people will be watching Simon than they would be watching a Sharapova vs Kvitova or whoever final.

Burgey

Nah that's ridiculous.

No other workplace in the world would two people get equal money when one does less work AND pulls in less money for the company.

More people may watch Sharapova than Simon, but that's because Sharapova is better in comparison, which means she's more likely to progress further into tournaments because she's playing weaker opponents. Winning a female slam should be worth more than the prize money afforded to finishing in the 3rd round in the mens. But how many people consistently watch the players in the females game who get knocked out in the 3rd or so round? Ridiculous argument.

If Gilles Simon plays Nadal in a final, I'm pretty sure more people will be watching Simon than they would be watching a Sharapova vs Kvitova or whoever final.
You should come work here mate.