• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pennetta is cool to watch. Nice counter-punch game.

I just don't see how Pennetta could have fought back in the third, yet I witnessed it. Awful to let a 1-5 lead go in the 2nd. Disgraceful in fact. But after that you can understand being frustrated and losing the third set. But at 1-4 suddenly Azarenka just stopped (lost three straight service games) and Pennetta wasn't hitting unforced errors any more.

Funny how Azarenka loosened up when all hope was gone in the second set, but then once she was in a position where she could win (see vs. Serena Aust Open 2010) she completely froze. Some fatigue too I think, as she was struggling with the heat in the first set. She is known for feeling faint in the heat (see vs. Serena Aust Open 2009).

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It is quite possible that a match between Julia Goerges and Xinyun Han has finished (Xinyun Han winning the third set 7-6) yet the Betfair market is still open... with people being able to bet on Xinyun Han to win as punters are offering odds.

Wtf?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah. My prediction Raonic def Isner 7-6(11) 6-7(9) 7-6(13) 6-7(11) 1012-1010.

Raonic looks like he may finally lose. Down 1-4 to Roddick in the third set of Memphis final. Hope he somehow can get back into this. What a great fortnight he has had.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RAONIC! Saves two break points and then breaks Roddick back.

3-4 now, serving to level it.

Ohhhhh Canadaaaaaaaaaaa. Go son.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, Roddick hits the most EPIC passing shot on match point to win the third set 7-5. Can't believe he got that!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was a fan of Ancic back in the day. Damn that sucks.

Meanwhile, Gabashvili just beat John Isner on hard court in the USA! :-O WAG

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ljubicic said he'd defend his title at Indian Wells whatever happens. The man may rock up on one leg and play!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They don't play enough tournaments on carpet.

With all the 'closing down' rug sales that go on surely it's a cheap surface to produce.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chela just completely threw a match against Schwank. What a scum ball.

Odds were even pre-match. Then rumours of a fix came in and Schwank fell to $1.4 and Chela blew out to $3.5.

Chela won the first set, and he was still underdog. He then led 5-1 in the second set (yes 5 ****ing 1!!!) and fell to $1.10. Schwank then won the next 5 games to lead 6-5 and Chela retired.

How the **** do these dickheads get away with this? Disgusting.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Chela just completely threw a match against Schwank. What a scum ball.

Odds were even pre-match. Then rumours of a fix came in and Schwank fell to $1.4 and Chela blew out to $3.5.

Chela won the first set, and he was still underdog. He then led 5-1 in the second set (yes 5 ****ing 1!!!) and fell to $1.10. Schwank then won the next 5 games to lead 6-5 and Chela retired.

How the **** do these dickheads get away with this? Disgusting.
Chela is and always will be a piece of ****. Still, I had money on him but WAC.