• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watching a little bit of the Karlovic match. Jesus, his serve is even better than it used to be. He just went six games and a tie-break without losing a point. If he built his game around it he could be awesome, but instead his serve just keeps improving while the rest of his game remains useless.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Kohlschreiber making some unforced errors and letting federer go 5-1 up in the fourth

...and Federer takes the match...will watch his match with Soderling now...

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That's that.

Can't say Kohlschreiber was mentally there for the whole match...nor that anyone can challenge him in that lower half. Possibly Haas-Čilić winner.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hurry up and show Tsonga/Karlovic Channel 9!!!

Tsonga takes the second set tie-break. One set a piece.

Uppercut

This Karlovic/Tsonga match is ridiculous. So many aces lol.
In a way Karlovic is unfortunate that the rest of his game is so poor that he won't get the recognition his serve deserves. Really it's the best I've seen, even better than Sampras or Ivanisevic, but i don't feel quite right even talking about him in the same breath as those guys.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah good point. He's a beast. So frickin tall.

Will be disappointing if Tsonga goes out IMO. He's not adjusting his game though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Not really any point in showing Tsonga/Karlović until 5-5 in each set, I think...

The Croat is fairly good at the net too, though. Decent reflexes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not really any point in showing Tsonga/Karlović until 5-5 in each set, I think...

And massive reach.

Karlovic has never won a 5-setter (0-11), Tsonga has never played a 5-setter :ph34r:

Uppercut

Yeah good point. He's a beast. So frickin tall.

Will be disappointing if Tsonga goes out IMO. He's not adjusting his game though.
Thought the same, but 90% of the time it's irrelevant because the serve is just too fast for him.

Yeah, he spends most of his time there so it's to be expected. Being built like a daddy long-legs helps too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tsonga looks so demotivated. He must feel helpless, but this is what separates the best from the rest tbh.

Also he can't lift the crowd with any ridiculous winners like he enjoys.