• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
apparently she was playing at only 30%(she did look sluggish but jankovic had problems with her thigh injury as well) and she had the match on her racquet and gave it away...she did mention that jankovic played better than her but just couldn't resist the usual "excuse"...i don't expect any better from her now, i just hate that primal scream that she comes up with to motivate herself and intimidate her opponents...grunting/squealing from the female players is atrocious enough, her sound-barrier breaking screech is the absolute ****ing limit...venus is slightly better in both depts, doesn't give quite as many excuses when she loses and doesn't screech and howl on court quite so much....
Entirely agree re: the screeching. I find it amusing how Sharapova cops so much flack over it, yet imo she's nowhere near as bad as Williams who hardly gets critisized for it at all (well, not that I've noticed)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha no way. The fact that it took him 5 to beat Roddick, who is somewhat of an inferior player to Federer should suggest to you that he'd have no chance of beating Federer on that form.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On form you'd have to say Djokovic but Federer always wins the points that matters and always gets up for the big matches so it's hard to back against him...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
On form you'd have to say Djokovic but Federer always wins the points that matters and always gets up for the big matches so it's hard to back against him...
yeah we haven't seen the best of federer so far but he did play a really solid and at times spectacular quarterfinal vs blake...let's see if djokovic in his current form has managed to get inside fed's head..if he has, we might see an upset, else federer as he usually does in these hyped up matches that predict his defeat might just step up and brush the kid aside...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Djokovic goes down, I reckon it'd be in a tough match. Even though he lost in straight sets to Federer at the US Open, he was in every one of the three sets, Federer just won the key points.

Btw, I reckon there should be a new tennis rule. Everytime James Blake makes the quarter final of a grand slam, he gets to be replaced by Marat Safin. So Blake can play the early rounds where Safin normally loses because he doesn't care, and then Safin is subbed in from the quarters onwards.

That way we don't have to see Blake in the last few rounds wasting our time :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Djokovic goes down, I reckon it'd be in a tough match. Even though he lost in straight sets to Federer at the US Open, he was in every one of the three sets, Federer just won the key points.

Btw, I reckon there should be a new tennis rule. Everytime James Blake makes the quarter final of a grand slam, he gets to be replaced by Marat Safin. So Blake can play the early rounds where Safin normally loses because he doesn't care, and then Safin is subbed in from the quarters onwards.

That way we don't have to see Blake in the last few rounds wasting our time :)
its pretty rare blake makes the quarters anyway. To be fair he wasnt disgraced last night too...