• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
He was 2-0 up also. Its a stinker for him and a reminder of his bad old days when he would choke when under pressure. Men side needed that somewhat as bar that its been pretty bland.

Ladies side proper bonkers, Petra the bookies fav gone, Woz, Maria and defending champion Mugu also done. New betting fav is Serena, but I'd be reluctant to put money on her, two very average opponents so far. The other favs are Halep and Kerber, but both of those are vulnerable, Halep as she can be hit of the court on this surface and Kerber as she faces the very dangerous Osaka next who surely must be about to break through in Slams.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
van Uytvanck was playing some brilliant tennis before I went to bad. Muguruza had to fight really hard to take the first set.

_Ed_

Yeah, I didn't know much about her, but she was seriously impressive in that match.

Niall

International Coach
I dislike bland tennis players, but Paire as he has before is coming across as an absolute tosser here.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know whether to make a joke about the fact that this guy's name looks like de Minotaur, or the fact that he looks about 8 years old. I guess I'll do neither.

vcs

Time to have the annual fret over Nadal's form and desperately check the draw to see who can take him out.

vcs

Excellent match.. Edmund hitting the spots with his serve and forehand, and Djokovic defending superbly as usual.

Djokovic is definitely over his slump/injuries now and will eventually make his way back to the top IMO. Playing pretty well.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
How did I not know that Edmund was some kind of Saffer/Welsh combo. Take back my previous statement.

Murray for life.