• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20I Tri Series in Zimbabwe 2018

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta say, this only highlights further how good England are. That spell from Stanlake is bewildering to me when England made him look a very average bowler. I think he's the perfect bowler against a frail and fragile team, but against a gun team like England and India he will get taken for a few. Regardless, being a dominator of the weaker sides is still great for the team and he may improve with experience against the better ones. Can't knock 4-8 off 4 overs though, that's one of the best spells of all time in t20.

Ruthless reply from Aus lol, that must hurt for Pakistan. Finch 68 off 33 chasing 117 to win is a great captain's knock in overall context. It sends the team a good message.

This win is even more interesting when Pakistan were in form against Zimbabwe. This is Pakistan we are talking about though, the king's of inconsistency :laugh:
I can understand them giving Stanlake an extended trial run. Six feet Eight outswing at 90 odd mph isn't something which comes along very often (nor does it seem to always come along for him). Extra bounce makes batting so much harder.

Agree with comments regarding his fitness levels and lack of nous, but he's young and very raw. He's a bit of a right arm, faster Bruce Reid in terms of potential. Hope he gets fit and stays fit more than Reid did though.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Malik's flown under the radar a bit for a while but he's more or less become their best batsman after Azam (and Zaman maybe)
Made his ODI debut in 1999.

He often looks graceful and elegant, but he just doesn't rack up the consistent big scores.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

According to cricinfo Stanlake's first name is literally just Billy. Not short for William. His parents just put "Billy" on the birth certificate. I don't know what to think of it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nobody is claiming Stanlake is the finished product as a bowler, clearly there is still room for improvement. But with his pace, bounce and outswing, he has the potential to develop into a truly world class paceman. At the moment my hope is that he can stay fit and be able to play a few Shield games next summer.

Top_Cat

I can understand them giving Stanlake an extended trial run. Six feet Eight outswing at 90 odd mph isn't something which comes along very often (nor does it seem to always come along for him). Extra bounce makes batting so much harder.

Agree with comments regarding his fitness levels and lack of nous, but he's young and very raw. He's a bit of a right arm, faster Bruce Reid in terms of potential. Hope he gets fit and stays fit more than Reid did though.
I know for years it’s been the accepted explanation that Reid was some sort of example of fast bowling fragility. But what really killed Reid off wasn’t some congenital problem, though, it was workload. Reid himself has said so and he apparently wasn’t injury-prone all the way up, only once he made the Test and ODI sides and played every possible game did he start developing back injuries. It’s why team management need to be careful with Stanlake and resist the temptation to just smash him in some attempt to put meat on his bones.

It’s a very hard balance, though. Even with all the management in the world, I think we’ll be lamenting the lost career of Pattinson.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Such a strange innings from Short. Genuinely couldn't get it off the square while Finch belts the thing into oblivion at the other end.

cnerd123

likes this
At the rate he was going, Finch would have needed just 12 more balls to score his 200

Should have taken more single D'Arcy

Burgey

Certainly an Australian T20 ATG. Worth a mention for an ODI spot too. Plenty of competition in that format but he’s been bloody good for us over a lot of years.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weird innings tstl.

Darcy must have felt so weird out in the middle. Clearly out of form.

The boundaries were ridiculous though. Looked like a women's T20 game :ph34r: